Lets talk addons - bugs/errors/crashes

Has everyone else been having issues with their addons since the UI got updated? It’s really hit me hard this past week. The amount of errors and freeze frames I’m getting is over the top. It’s actually getting worse every time I update everything. It’s to the point I’m losing matches because of the lag and random errors popping up. :frowning:

Currently running:

OmniCC
Threat Plates
Gladius
Dominoes
BigDebuffs
Clique
PartyPet Fix (since Blizzard still hasn’t fixed hunter pet frames)
OmniBar

I have a couple others that aren’t PvP related, but I’m starting to shut off everything that isn’t absolutely necessary. Problem is, I have been playing with most of the above addons or something similar since wrath.

Threat Plates for me is pretty big, but I seem to be having the most errors with it. Same with BigDebuffs. Gladius hasn’t been working right since the start of the expansion. I usually like clicking on the frames to set focus, though I do have binds as well.

Anyone running any alternatives to OmniCC, Threat Plates, BigDebuffs or any of the other addons listed?

8 Likes

Yeah same all of the mcause issues now. Better Wardrobe/ Transmog causing issue with me pressing buttons in arena. Makes me wanna screech.

1 Like

Literally just Omnibar which I disabled. :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

1 Like

Would enabling old UI fix it at all?

Yea, that’s the annoying thing… I have some addons I only rarely run for specific tasks, but some I would like to have on just all the time. Like TSM, Prat, DBM, Altoholic, etc.

Issue is, I can’t quickly just go in and turn on EVERYTHING vs just the few I want off or on. Until this expansion, I rarely had to uninstall anything for errors, but now it’s actually killing my game. I don’t get it. I get that the UI update was big, but the game is becoming unplayable.

Purist!

Doesn’t change it back to the actual old UI unfortunately. :frowning:

Omnibar and big debuffs seem to be the biggest culprit for my issues

I have pretty good luck with plater vs other plate addons.

3 Likes

Every single time I use a shift-based keybind on my DK (shift 1, 2, etc) - my character starts spinning left permanently until I tab out of the game.

Pretty neat.

1 Like

Plater came up as a possible BigDebuffs alternative, though I haven’t tried it. That’s probably one of my important addons. :frowning:

=/

Haven’t had that happen yet, though I have been getting some weird ones. The worst is none of my buttons work when I join an arena match. Like, the buttons light up to show that I’m hitting them, but they don’t actually do anything. Have had this happen 4-5 times. I was in a lobby where it happened to someone and they just sat there. They were freaking out. Sucks to lose a match like that.

I can replicate this bug with 100% accuracy versus every resto druid… but I don’t think it’s the same problem.

2 Likes

Seems to be pretty common.

The FPS thing as well. I’m thinking it must have been a change to one of the addons I have because a friend started having the same issue happen.

I guess this is related to it…

Well this sucks.

I dont even know whats causing what, but I get an error message mid game sometimes, gladius or bigdebuffs seems to be tracking weird abilities in frames (flame shock, lock portal?)

Resetting details causes me to lag out for 3-5 seconds (a habit Ive developed after each arena)

Ive had gladius not work with focus target, unclickable bars, but I think ive fixed that issue now.

Its a mess at the moment with addons…

1 Like

blah blah blah who cares

Plater, kuinameplates

Battleground enemies has the best arena frame i’ve ever played with

biggest cause of stutter/fps drops thus far. No good alternative i’ve found. And most stuff hooking to raidframes i’ve seen have issues

1 Like

Hrm, I guess I’ll have to mess around with it.

Details has been fine for me so far… I think.

You cared enough to post something. :man_shrugging:

Thanks! Will take a look.

Best addon.

On top of the addon bugs im getting invisible hunter health bars after feign death, my rogue being pulled out of stealth randomly and invisible ally’s in starting gates (not too important other than buffing)

1 Like

Add on to that reloading in the starting gate will make the enemy team frames disappear til the gates open so u have no idea what is there unless someone says something :^)

Agreed.

Also weird fps stuff and sometimes reflex and others I have to reload.

Plater is a good threat plates replacement imo.

Are you running any Plate addons? I haven’t had that issue and have been wondering if it’s the default bars. I get people whispering me about it all the time.

Yea. I’d say 1/3 of all my matches I’m reloading the UI for one reason or another. The biggest one is Gladius OR the default arena frames not showing.