Let's talk about the strange implications of Alleria and Turalyon's relationship

Ah, I see, a recap episode.

2 Likes

It is somewhat of a recap episode, but I personally did enjoy the interactions between everyone in between the courtroom drama. And it ramps up towards the end quite a bit.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s that petty, but I do think it allows for some measure of parallelism in how the light and the void actually do interact, versus how the majority of Azeroth’s denizens might assume. Look at the priest class hall, for instance - the void and the light are openly and freely co-existing, working towards the same purpose.

Having Turalyon and Alleria sort of embody that kind of synergy sounds pretty cool to me, but I’m also kind of a shill for their relationship anyway. :shushing_face:

2 Likes

Yes, my apologies, I meant Tides of Darkness, the one that summarizes the Second War. That would indeed be weird for Turalyon to rave about killing the Old Horde in Tides of War.

There are too many books with Tides and Storm in the title. Next up: Tide of Storms, Storms of Tides, Storm of Darkness, Tides of Darkness.

EDIT: Wow, I literally immediately forgot Tides of Darkness was a real name in the second paragraph, where I was making fun of fake names. The book names are just that absurd.

3 Likes

Stormwind, Stormshield, Stormheim, Stormsong, Stormrage, Storm Peaks, are there any other storms I should know about?

1 Like

From what I’m hearing the new book recontextualizes their relationship into something much more positive than what occurred before it-- and what you are bringing up is stuff from the new book.

It’s not they that weren’t human, it’s that they weren’t “of the Light”.

Turalyon couldn’t access the Light for most of the Second War because the existence Horde shook his faith. How could the Light be an all-encompassing force for good in the world, as he had been taught, if the Light was responsible for creating something as evil as the orcish Horde?

But then Doomhammer says that he is going to kill as many as it takes until “your world” belongs to the Horde, and Turalyon realises that the Light didn’t create them. It sinks in that the orcs are alien monsters from a foreign dimension. They weren’t of the Light, like the denizens of Azeroth.

And thus his faith in the Light was rekindled and he turned into a super-paladin intent on scouring the world clean of those who were its enemies.

3 Likes

IMO it’s not quite as bad as having Lordaeron continent, Lodaeron kingdom, and using Lordaeron name used instead of Capital City.

gl hf

oh yea, sexy time is back baby.

They can.

That’s not quite true.

Because of magic.

I think their relationship will develop into a Yin and Yang concept, both on the extreme opposites of one another and therefore need each other to balance themselves out. As they say, opposites attract.

That’s what I think now too based on what I’m hearing about Shadows rising. It definitely changes the relationship dynamic.

I didn’t say it was Anduin’s fault. However his lack of accepting any sort of responsibility for it when he was the one to give Calia the go-ahead to attend is jarring, especially when he low-key accused Calia of planning on calling for those Forsaken to defect after her resurrection when they had actually started it themselves.

Don’t get me wrong I get why Anduin was holding off from sending reinforcements but from Tyrande’s perspective him saying they must unite as one and then not helping her makes the statement a lie.

That’s the tricky part with these three lies, we don’t know if there are actual lies or perceived lies as the void sees everything as truths.

With some inconsistencies like Garrosh having Gorehowl during Wrath or Perith being with Baine in the Shattering when plotting against the Grimtotem when he didn’t unite with Baine until after Magatha was beaten.

Yes, this is a much more accurate recollection of the book, I remember now. But I think this is perhaps an even better argument for his possible crusade being well within character. I hope they go through with that course of action, just because it’s satisfying to see characters developed in a consistent way, unlike, say, Maiev.

1 Like

Look, it’s not a compound word, so they’re very proud of it.

1 Like

He didn’t refuse to help her, he asked her to wait until they could fully commit to reclaiming her lands. You’d think a millenia old warrior priestess could understand the tactical reasoning behind that instead of stamping her foot like a spoiled teenager and demanding everything she wants right now or else.

It’s entirely in line with how Blizzard has insisted on writing her in the past (A Little Patience, anyone?), but it’s still embarrassing to have Tyrande written like a spoiled child instead of a warrior.

I perfectly hear you and now it makes me curious if there any other possible lie that the void saw as a truth of their prophecy.

Agreed 100%.

That is very wrong indeed. Turalyon loves her more than anything, he also made himself clear he loves and trusts her more than the Light itself.