Lets Revisit Why There is a Black Lotus Problem

The best way to fix black lotus is to add more (a lot more) spawn locations (as it is incredibly way too easy to camp the ten or so locations in each zone) and speed up the respawn rates to match a vastly higher populated server compared to vanilla servers. Increase all resource respawns to match population really. Adding herbs to AV will change very little.

It wasn’t a plan. It was a question.

Well dont actually know, because blizz doesn’t publish numbers anymore, but I’d bet vanilla had way more total players than classic does. The difference is it’s a much different community. Also earlier in vanilla BL was also available in WPL, felwood, AV, un’goro, and azshara iirc. So we have 2-5 times the original server populations, and half the number of lotuses. Yes it true to 1.12, but it’s not working out very well.

Classic raids are not nerfed, or tuned down. Class revamps and updated gear are the big reasons MC and BWL feel undertuned. For instance when MC was current there was no such thing as dps warriors. Not because people didn’t know about them, but because they weren’t good. Warriors didn’t dps untill after their revamp, which was 1.6 I believe, and it took time for it to catch on. Warlocks were hot garbage until their revamp as well. Also all gear is in its 1.12 state, so dungeon gear is significantly better than it was in vanilla. We also have 15 years of theory crafting. There’s items that were completely overlooked in vanilla that are clearly BiS now. Hindsight is 20/20.

I did not know they spawned in those zones pre 1.12 - that’s good info to have.

So how do we stop botters that load into AV, rush to the herbs, then /afk?

How does 5 spawns of Lotus per phase of AV actually significantly reduce inflation?

We do know.

1 Like

They would be gone quickly though, and then the game would go on. I wouldn’t think they would respawn throughout the game would they? I didn’t see it in Vanilla so I’m not sure.

1 Like

afaik they spawned at the very beginning of the AV and that was it. So, literally 5 more BL in the market per instance. And that’s assuming everyone got the BL was a.)on your faction and b.) on your realm

Yes there is plenty of black lotus just a few monopolize it. People have hundreds ready for aq. I wonder if they are even needed. From what i remember from vanilla and how much better the average raiding guild is. I say no and hope the market gets flooded and prices drop just like the day layering can back.

I am in decent guild where we clear BWL in 1h and MC in 1h5mins+
Noone cares about flasks or lotus in our guild except one druid who farms them in my guild and asks me sometimes to help and we split lotuses during that time. We sell them off, people will only bring them 1st two raids in AQ, and then only tanks will have them that will be provided by Guild. Why do you need it so much? Parsing?

We just use in bwl to make sure the tank doesnt take a 1 shot hit. So 200g isnt a big deal once a week. I dont even understand the price other then horders trying to monopolize the market.

If herbs spawned in AV the Horde would dominate them

That fix some of the issue but they just make flasks so not a big deal. It might cut into some botting but flask recipes not that rare

I like this

In vanilla when lotuses spawned in Av youd usually have 1 or 2 games that would sometimes last literally days… so 5 lotus per wasnt REALLY a big deal. Entirely not the case when your average AV game last 30 minutes. You’re talking about thousands more Lotus in the economy.

Plus you’ll inevitably end up with a ton of people who join AV, run to the node spawns then immediately Afk out. You’ll end up with a bunch of half empty AVs. If you think Bots and Afkers in AV are bad now…

Dude, give up.

He went to college, don’tcha know?

No we don’t. Classic launched with only 13 servers. Vanilla had way more. Server pops are higher now for sure. But overall pop is probably nowhere close. By the time TBC launched wow was around 8 million. I’d bet my next paycheck classic doesn’t have 8 million active players

you do realize 1.5 AV would change exactly nothing with the current AV meta right?

months of black lotus posts with not even a mention of potential fix, ive accepting they arent going to do anything about it.

Too many people per server. Done.