Lets have a light hearted toppic

Favorite BG, and why?
Me personally I have two. Arathi Basin, and Alterac Valley, partially bc I’m a hunter, partially because I just love the all out brawls that bases usually ensue.

6 Likes

Arathi Basin. Alterac Valley. Silvershard Mines.

Arathi Basin is as good as domination gets. I can’t really explain why. Of course there’s the cliffs at LM and GM, but as a Rogue they’re little more than extra angles to attack from.

Alterac Valley suffers from the “zerg to the last boss” issue, but if the defense stalls the zerg and it turns into a long slugfest, it’s always grand.

I just always rush water/top in Silvershard Mines. It’s the cart that gets the least attention from everyone, and you can find some decently fair duels if you just hang out up there. And if you hold it until the end, then that’s a cool bunch of points.

4 Likes

Arathi and Alterac Valley I like the feel of the maps and the overall play

1 Like

This is gonna be a HOT take

Deepwind if it’s a slugfest mid

I’m still huntin’ for the 50m random bg

1 Like

The one where I run into other forum posters, because I get to see their entire xmog.

:slight_smile:

5 Likes

This is FRAAM
Cry me a river, CRY me a RIVER!!!
OH YOU, MY sweet LITTLE ALLIANCES TWITCHES!!!
Cry me a RIVER OF SORROW over you!!!
You a HUNTER’S are up HORDE’S SCUTT!!!
CRy Me a RIVER!!! CRY me a RIVER!!!
Needin that SWEET ALLIANCE BLOOD!!!
HORDE’S only GOAL is to make YOU
OH so COLD!!!
CRY me a RIVER of SORROW. CRY, CRY!!!
FRAAM LOVE’S to see the HORDE’S tear’s SOAR!!!
Soooooo we are A COMIN you ALLIANCE TOON’S
Just to have those TEAR’S of JOY!!!
spillin ALLIANCE blood!!! Come on BOY’S!!!
You ALLIANCE TOON’S savor your SOUL’s
Cuz you ARE DEAD damned FARMED by YOUR FOE’S!!!
FRAAM WILL come to you FAST and HOT!!!
Oh …… so good what a thought!!!

Alliance word can be subbed by HORDE!!!
FRAAM’S BATTLE CRY

2 Likes

Oh my…

:flushed:

2 Likes

Woot woot woot
THE FRAAM is alway’s FAST and HOT!!!
When he is DOIN PvP!!!

1 Like

Temple and WSG for the small BGs
AV for the epic BG category

I actually hate Temple (and Ashran), because I prefer BGs that let me “go do rogue stuff.”

About Temple, if I wanted to be locked in a rage cage and kill people as an objective, I’d play arena. Or duels, but I much prefer duels because it’s 1v1 and all “may the best man win.”

Ashran is all one big constant team fight. Sure you can sneak off to the sides and kill mobs for fragments but why am I queuing for PvP to just go and PvE?

Sometimes you catch people on the edges of both maps though. Bullying rezzers on Temple or baiting people off the road (and into your blades) on Ashran.

I don’t prefer CTF maps for similar reasons, but there’s still plenty of opportunity for rogue shenanigans there.

Southshore vs Tarren Mill my personal favorite and it’s not even close. You can find me in there most of the week when it’s up (if you’re paying attention/can put 2 and 2 together). Literally the only BG I play when it’s up

Speaking of that, just noticed it’s coming up on the calendar :drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:

For the regular/small-scale BGs I would say Eye of the Storm hits the spot - large open map with lots of space/potential for big teamfights. Second-most favorite probably the “original” MoP-era Deepwind Gorge for similar reasons… nice big open “mid” area where the two teams can crash into each other in a big, sloppy teamfight

I really don’t like the new/post-BFA Deepwind Gorge, it’s a shame how they turned it into a long/boring slog where the matches seem to take forever :yawning_face:

1 Like

AV is my favorite.

1 Like

From regular ones my favourite is Temple of Kotmogu, because of how fast and action packed it is. Even losing it doesn’t feel as bad, because it ends fast.

From the epics I really like IoC, because it gives a feeling of large battle where you need to both defend your fortress and attack the other one. You can also choose a side mission of guarding Quarry or Refinery to boost your side’s siege damage on a class that it less suited for big fights, like a rogue.

1 Like

This is FRAAM
I know who you are
Plz accept a truce from
FRAAM… :slightly_smiling_face:

The THREE OF DIAMOND’S.
THE THREE OY DIAMOND’S
that’s the only HAND the HORDE
NEED’s.
FIGHTING on the FLAG without
Curses or ruse.
The Devil is Sulking FOR ANOTHER
SOUL TO be used.
DEATH alway’s has it’s DUE,
No SUCKING game can WIN
HORDE can do no SIN!!!
Three of Diamond’s
THREE of DIAMOND’s
You aren’t worth a gul darn POINT!!!
But when it’s down to the EXPLOIT’S,
Winning, is the FINAL CHOICE!!!
Sooo HORDE get your GAME Face
On BOIS.
SHOUT with your FIGHTING VOICE!
THREE of Diamond’S.
WE are the Horde!
Three of DIAMOND’S.
We Are the HORDE!

By FRAAM

Water is water, BEER IS BEER, GLASS IS glass,
If you WANT to CHEER go AHEAD or pass!!!
Toon has told FRAAM that BLOOD IS GLASS.
Blood DK’s are pulled to ALLI BLOOD TO REAP
That ALLIANCE BLOOD IS bloody SWELL to KEEP.
Making a flame of death AND DECAY so Deep.
THAT is the FRAAM’S only one CONDITION!
ALLI’s BLOOD IS LIKE AN ADDICTION!!!
By FRAAM

1 Like

Arathi Basin, Eye of the Storm, A good Alterac Valley can be good, and I kinda like the new Deepwind Gorge.

A long time ago (wotlk) i would have said alterac valley
But since cata my pcs have had issues with fps in 40mans so warsong is my timeless favourite

Although warsong hasnt felt the same since my mistweaver lost mistwalk

1 Like

toothless, WARZUG, RUN AWAY and HIDE,
Whatever you CALL YOURSELF ……………
Today!!!
FRAAM IS back!!!
You haven’t responded to any of OUR
ATTEMPT to CHAT…
Hey FRAAM was EVEN invited by
You to YOUR Community!!!
Hello??? What’s up with that?
Oh yeah RUTH!!!
You are a TROLL!!!
Why would WE expect a REAL STAND UP
LIKE YOU to keep your WORD!!!
Are you REALLY KIDDING Me???
Ruth you have had a 16 day break
From the FRAAM!!! Wow THAT IS
ETERNITY for a toon!!!
THE FRAAM

Endless Ashran is about the only reason I stay subscribed.
It feels like world PvP, but not at the same time. Even gives you the “Gasp” chance to actually socialize with other players.

I wish the event were more rewarding and the bugs squashed.

3 Likes