Let's bring back Corrupted Ashbringer

Teir 3 is cool and awesome, but i don’t think the removal of old nax was great to begin with.

Even more so ALL raid weps should always be obtainable.

Corrupted Ashbringer is cool and should be obtainable still.

Yes rets have the REAL ashbringer so it doesn’t matter as this one is corrupted and better.

kthx.

10 Likes

100% agreed

I thought they did bring the appearance back?

1 Like

Here you go enjoy

5 Likes

That is not corrupted ashbringer. And you know this.

3 Likes

In before Blizzard makes it a recipe locked by a massive grind that only someone who already has it can get and the materials will cost 3m gold.

1 Like

Yes it is. It’s an upgraded HD version of it.

3 Likes

there is a very good reason that the devs dont want the original corrupted ashbringer to return and it has nothing to do with prestige or exclusivity.

it is sheer laziness.

the corrupted ashbringer is coded with all sorts of RP interactions all over the old world, inside Nax itself, in EPL, even in Scarlet Monastery (bringing corrupted ashbringer into SM gives you access to a new reputation).

the reason it will never be brought back is because the devs aren’t going to want to deal with all that coding.

It is not called corrupted Ashbringer that version is called Corrupted Remembrance.

So no that is not Corrupted Ashbringer.

4 Likes

we already got corrupted ashbringer ret artifact in legion

In my view, all transmogs removed prior to the introduction of the transmog wardrobe should be reintroduced.

1 Like

mcrib and corrupted ashbringer dual promotion please

1 Like

With Blizzard making it a point to bring back old/removed items, I don’t see any reason why the OG Corrupted Ashbringer can’t come back.

1 Like

This

Also, put Atiesh back in the game.

I know people are citing Ion’s claims that the Corrupted Ashbringer won’t come back. I think he was very specific with his wording though and said it in a way that did not rule out a replica of it being introduced (same model, different name), much the same way the crafted Naxx stuff was reintroduced. The possibility is still there, but who knows.

I would rather they just bring back the actual item.

I’d love to get it on my paladin and go into the class hall just for giggles.

1 Like

to think I was doing things in college like having a girlfriend, studying, and going to parties when I could’ve been getting tier 3 and corrupted ashbringer

where did my life go wrong?

(as my mother likes to say about me)

Speaking of which, the very fact there’s a CA-like appearance that is still obtainable to this day puts a solid dent in the arguments some have made that CA is very special. There just isn’t a solid foundation that justifying keeping the original appearance unobtainable.

there’s a troll death knight that spawns in one of the time rifts with the corrupted ashbringer you should just be able to walk up to his beaten corpse and take it

that’s what looting is all about yea?

2 Likes

There’s that one event where you click a portal and a large mirror image of yourself spawns, wielding the Corrupted Ashbringer. I felt trolled.