Lets Be Real Here. You are All Going to Play SL

Of course I’m going to play SL. I think the systems look very fun and interesting, if not a tad bit overwhelming by the sheer number of them. I like the idea of being locked in to a covenant.

That being said, I don’t preorder video games, because it just leads to lower quality games. I’ll buy Shadowlands on the day of release.

All these systems sound like a Clusteryouknowwhat. But im in it for the ride. Its my daily game. Im not dropping it

I might play 9.1-9.3.
Don’t see any points in playing what I’m seeing right now on the beta.
Good luck with 9.0
If BFA made me learn anything is that if I find a patch fun I can just dip in/dip out.

To be honest not looking forward to leveling 10 levels again,heck I have even finished my last two alts of 12 to 120.The idea of needing a class copy of every spec I use for covenants sounds horrid if you can’t switch easily as you please.

Nice try, Ion, but I’ve already unsubbed; my time ends tomorrow.

I won’t be back until you are no longer the game director: fired, demoted, quit…I don’t care how it happens, just as long as it does. You’ve ruined this game with all of your endless rng, systems on systems, and annoying time gates on everything.

I will, however, continue to read the forums just to chuckle at the continued decline of WoW in crapperland.

2 Likes

I’m just happy to have new WoW content. I’ll reserve judgement on how good it is.

Have never once said I would not play shadowlands. In Fact I’m really looking forward to it.

I will- most of the gripes with it are legit, and I see it having similar quality progression/raiding and people min/maxing covenants and shunning people who don’t we all expect.

But even for bad xpacs I pretty much always enjoy the first chunk of it, the stories and the leveling the first time around. Even just a bit of time is enough to enjoy the atmosphere and covenants.

But having a decent first month or so doesn’t mean it’ll be a good xpac- some xpacs manage to retain subs for the most part, others pull a Cata, WoD or BfA and deplete subs massively because they suck- and the thing is, every time they bring out a garbage xpac, the bounce back becomes smaller as they permanently turn off another group of players.

The only reason there’s some bounce back at all is because they rotate between good xpacs and bad- but putting two back to back horrid xpacs, BfA and SL, together is going to permanently halve the playerbase from what they had in Legion.

Yep. I can’t wait to cruise the Shadowlands in my Model W, mechagnoming it up all over the place. Also, I’ll finally be able to have the gold dome I’ve always wanted for this character but haven’t been able to get because of MALE MECHAGNOME PRIVILEGE.

Everyone’s entitled to their opinion and all, but I don’t understand people living in the past with this game and video games in general. Times change; people change; games change. Change is inevitable, so embrace it. For good or ill, this game is different from what it was in the past and will be different than it is now in the future.

If it’s still fun for you, stick around. If not, stop logging hours in it, because the only way Blizz will listen to you is if you stop paying them and/or stop increasing their played time metric.

This made me chuckle.

I’m enjoying Beta, Torghast has been a blast, it’s still Warcraft and that tone doesn’t change much, so if you are just bored of the game SL isn’t going to help you much.

Honestly SL being the “WoW afterlife” is way cooler to me conceptually than the last three expansions combined. I don’t actually expect it to be three times better, but unless it’s complete trash I’m gonna play it and I’ll only decide it’s trash after I’ve played the heck out of it trying to give it a chance.

1 Like

Except you don’t. Almost all forum regulars from last year are gone.

I mean, sometimes you just get bored or fed up with the negativity on the forums, I’ve quit coming here many times because it’s so f’ing negative

1 Like

Ahh yess the good old critique means you hate something mindset.

1 Like

That doesn’t have to do with them quitting the game, it was because they didn’t like the new forums.

1 Like

I’ll definitely play - there’s something WoW provides which no other game seems to quite hook into. Though given the design direction they’ve been pursuing the past few expansions, I’ll also be taking quite a few breaks.

It’s just hard to get overly invested in, given the excessively seasonal nature of the current design. I really enjoy it, but essentially building myself back up from scratch for every ‘season’ is rather exhausting. I’ve taken a break for every single major patch in BFA.

Do I eventually come back, and enjoy the heck out of them? Yes, but only after I’ve insulated myself from them for a while.

Some but it’s the end of the expansion, so that’s quite normal.

If I am still alive when it flops, I may get it. I will not be preordering it though.

I will still play it sure. But my friends who are a little less invested are going to leave much sooner then they would normally.

I played all through bfa despite all its flaws, but my friends who usually last 3-6 months in an expansion were all gone within weeks. It’s these people that blizzard will lose out on if they do nothing.

edit: I will add that these friends will usually come back for major patches but decided not to when they realized that the bad things about bfa weren’t going to change.