Lets Be Real Here. You are All Going to Play SL

I have my gripes and concerns. I dont like being covenant locked. I dont like weekly conduit locks. I dont like the state some of the specs are in for classes.

But…

Im still going to play Shadowlands. Most likely without a long break. I have 10/12 classes at 120. And plan to level 1 during pre patch. Even with all my concerns and issues. I will still play it. Its the best MMO on the market and I will find a way to have fun playing it.

I will most likely complain about some things on the forums at launch. There will be bugs. The systems will be unbalanced and problematic till most likely 9.2. Some classes or specs will just be the sad kid in the corner for the expac. But we will all still play it.

Hell. I played all of BfA. And boy ohh boy did BfA have its issues. I found my fun though.

23 Likes

Like I’ve said in other threads, if you play for raiding or m+, where the hell else are you going to go

10 Likes

I am. But I’ll still air my grievances about any system I think isn’t healthy for the game.

5 Likes

I have very few gripes or concerns about SL itself, and I will be enjoying it come launch day.

That being said, Forsaken need more customization options, badly. I think the only races with less options are allied races.

4 Likes

I pre-ordered months ago, of course I’m going to play :slight_smile:

Feeling pretty excited for something that isn’t BFA right now. Should be fun!

8 Likes

Well yea.

I don’t complain about the game because I hate it and want it to fail. I love WoW, and I want WoW to be the best game I know it can be.

But that wont happen if I never speak up about things I think lessen the experience.

7 Likes

This is exactly why Blizzard has been behaving like an obstinate little child lol. They know that we may gripe about it all we want but throw a little hype our way and people will still play the game. Sure, they may never again earn the kind of subs they experienced during WotLK but it’s not going to die out.

They’re taking the playerbase for granted and that’s the problem. You can play the game and also expect better from it simultaneously.

5 Likes

I’m not sure if I’ll playing SL. I didnt play wod, didnt play BFA and I didnt even miss it. I miss the good gampley that wow can provid but if shadowlands show it self as a complete disaster like wod did I’ll not even consider to not cancel.

Btw I didnt buy the xpac yet.

2 Likes

You can change covenant once a week.

Those are conduits, we still don’t know how hard changing back covenants will be

You may be able to swap to one you haven’t been in before, but once you want to go back to an old Covenant there’s a questline with dailies/weeklies that you have to do for a couple weeks before you can go back

We have no idea on that, the quest isn’t in yet

Sounds like a classic system to make each person unique.

I took a break in BfA and tbh, I’ll probably take a break in SL as well unless I end up adoring it as much as Mists.

I noticed later in legion and BfA that I just get depressed when I play the same game for too long. I look at my game shelf like “There are dozens of games up there I’ve never played more than an hour on and here I am on WoW again” and I just sink into a rut.

2 Likes

As unique as everyone being the Champion of Azeroth.

2 Likes

Were all dead we are no one champions now.

We got a huge win with no bones, some beautiful skins, eyes, and hairstyles. I say we got a decent selection. The main thing we need is straight backs however.

1 Like

Its fine to find fun in the game and fault as well. The game has never been perfect and the forums exist to give feedback. The vast majority of forum posts and feedback topics have decent ideas if you sift through all the hyperbole.

Of course, there are people on the forums who express opinions so vitriolic and paranoid that it makes me scratch my head, but in the end its their life. Maybe that outlook that seems miserable to me is what makes them happy- and if so good for them.

1 Like

We’re not dead, that’s actually a major plot point

1 Like

You can change the conduits in your soulbinds once a week. Covenants you can change at any time, but if you want to go back to your original covenant, you have to do an unreleased quest/task grind. Your progress on one covenant doesnt carry to another either. So grinding your renown will have to restart when and if you swap.