Let the player choose, no changes, or changes

2 sets of realms. Classic era before bc. No changes. No chronoboon, no pvp changes, nothing exactly how classic was in 2006. Then do a changes realm, classic with MoS, chronoboon, pvp changes, slight balance changes, weapon skills matter less, a npc that lets you recustomize your character for gold (barber shop) etc. Then we see which realms people will play on.

3 Likes

Oh what a novel idea. A ‘changes’ realm. Looks like they’ve already done that, check it out:

11 Likes

So where is my “No changes” Realm then?

2 Likes

I bet we’re gonna have discussions involving: “Hey lets have a current ‘changes’ version of era and then lets make a pre 2019 beta ‘no changes’ version of era”

1 Like

if you cant understand the difference between QoL changes and throwing every change they can at a board your IQ is lower than your post count

1 Like

But clicking off buffs or not using those things you don’t like isn’t an option for you?

Rules for thee but not for me, huh?
Moonkin is quite the spec in SoD. You might want to check it out. That version has lots of the QoL you seem to want. It’s pretty cool that Blizzard has already offered choice with multiple versions of classic gaming.

4 Likes

oh yes because finding a raid spot without enchants on half your gear is the same as clicking a WB off for raid

totally the gottcha thats going to make me give up

1 Like

You are hypocritical and you posted to confirm it.
My condolences.

2 Likes

ah yes with that argument, i guess not showing up to raid naked would make me a hypocrite too

While I agree with the message I can’t in good faith use SoD as a good example. It’s a watered down Ascension WoW idea Blizzard added some “tweaks” to. I think a server where it’s just Era with changes along the lines of class balancing and other tweaks like these folks want is a great idea though. That’s my idea of a Classic+ anyway.

It’s the QoL opportunity that Blizzard is offering.
People can embrace that or not.
But the condescension that only certain people know what’s good for Era because of how they choose to play is undeserved.

3 Likes

Oh the differences are easily understood. I just outright disagree with any QoL changes being made to Era. Era is not a place to min/max QoL.

So if you do like QoL changes, that’s what SoD has… in droves.

3 Likes

the pvp ranking changes say otherwise but keep trying

I’ve ranked to 14 in the original system, and I’ve ranked to 14 in the modern system.
Yes, I do prefer the original system, imperfections and chaos of pooling included, because it was a genuine/authentic recreation of vanilla’s system.

Are there other changes you think I support that I don’t? lol
#NoChanges isn’t a complicated concept, even if your IQ is your post count, you should be able to understand that.

5 Likes

the population boon after the pvp changes say otherwise

clearly the QoL changes are liked by the community

no community= no game

go play private or buy a server shard

Thank goodness you don’t determine that.

People have been pontificating about Era’s demise since 2019.
It hasn’t happened yet and it will be here as long as Blizzard decides. Population has dipped very low multiple times and it’s still here. Ebb and flow. I feel like I should queue up Gloria Gaynor about now.

#iwillsurvive

edited for the obligatory no u @the nonsense urging to go to an ip theft server but you’ve proven you have no shame

3 Likes

It’s notably ironic for the one advocating for changes to be telling the player who is happy with things as they are to go someplace else.

3 Likes

+1. I never got it. “Oooooh no changes blablablabla”. Ok, so no world buff carries and pvp changes for you (when it was released it was caled as “qol”)

Soooo Classic Era or SoD, Cata and Retail.

Cool, Great news because we have that now

1 Like

I think that we have about as close to that now as we’re going to get, but until generative AI starts producing games that present to the individual exactly the way that matches our own unique preferences, we’re probably not going to get much closer.

:woman_shrugging:

1 Like