Let people permanently stay in visage form

Maybe I am coping but it’s really obscuring volcanic for when it spawns a little bit in front of where I am standing. I wish volcanic would always spawn directly under the character’s feet if it is in close proximity to a player.

Like maybe I am coping, but I am pretty sure the lowered stance of disintegrate with the wings flared out is hiding volcanic from me completely a lot of the time.

I reviewed my gameplay and I am pretty good at avoiding volcanic even when it spawns right in front of me during disintegrate. Must be cope, or invisible volcanic.

being a dragon is not the problem… the problem is that the dragon in question is horrible

Only if they let worgen stay in human form.

2 Likes

Slightly better than the original concept art.

5 Likes

Honestly I do not like visage. It’s lame, makes no sense lore wise for blending in, and I just want drax transmogs

Please just give us transmogs , and also let us remain in visage if we want. I personalky want to be a dragon , not a reskinned elf / human

In that case please all playable races for visage, not just female humans and male belves. There are already more than enough belf players. No offense, but some variety would be nice. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Players want to be in Visage form because they hate skinny-dragon.

Blizzard: No. That wouldn’t make sense. We can’t do that. It would ruin immersion!

Player’s use Manastorm Duplicator because they would rather be a middle aged gnome wannabee cultist-chan than a skinny-dragon.

What did they think would happen?

7 Likes

I’m kind of curious now.

If you use a Deviate Delight and cast that one spell that causes your Evoker to fly and breath fire, do you look like a pirate/ninja flying through the air, breathing fire?

Elves flying around breathing fire with Deep Breath is going to look good

1 Like

Big wing make see mechanic under feet hard :frowning:

Would rather shift for a few spells and be visage most of the time in combat.

Also, people need to get over telling other people how they should be enjoying their character. It’s like how void elves got the blood elf skin tones. It doesn’t make a lot of sense to me, and I’d never use them myself, but i’m not gonna tell other people “you can’t use that”

1 Like

Worgen have been asking for this too.

This would be a cool glyph option or something.
Let us switch for a moment during Deep Breath and other big themed attacks, but fight as humanoids if we like. Would be awesome.

2 Likes

That’s the one spell that they would need to make a new animation for. Using it with the orb of sin’dorei, the animation is a jumping elf with fire coming out of his mouth. Doesn’t look great, but all the other spells look fine with their regular casting animation.

There is a toy that lets you choose what race you wanna be (for 1 hour). Faction doesn’t matter. You can be an Alliance Vulpera for example or a Horde dwarf, whatever. I tried it on my Drac and you will indeed be a fire breathing Goblin (for example), who can fly for a few seconds.^^

As for the thread:
#AllRacesForVisage

4 Likes

While I dislike dracthyr visage, I can hardly stand looking at the dragon form at all. It’s so awkward and stupid looking. You have these big ugly wings just out there, and the running animation is really, really bad. Huge L from the art team on this one. I’m sorry guys. I would definitely like it more if you could just stay in visage.

Also besides being ugly, it’s awkward to use the dressing room in dragon form, because you preview things, and it just shows the stupid dragon in its dragon armor you can’t change. Why would I want to look at that? Just show the visage form so I can see what the armor looks like.

I think a lot of it is pride.

Their art department clearly spent a lot of time on the Dracthyr, and let’s be honest they do look pretty darn good for what they are… it’s just that skinny-dragon isn’t everyone’s cup of tea.

So they have this thing they spent a lot of time on and they were pretty proud of and there’s a lot of people telling them how stupid it looks and how terrible they are for forcing them to play it, with all the grace and politeness of the internet.

Which leads them to, of course, pushing back. How dare they say we made bad skinny-dragons! I’d like to see them make better skinny-dragons! Take your skinny-dragons and like it! We added 35 lbs to their glorious perfect 120 lb frames when you said you wanted 500 lb gigachad dragons and we don’t see why you don’t appreciate us meeting you halfway!

1 Like

I could almost forgive what Dracthyr are…if we could at least use transmog on them. What idiot greenlit the idea that we couldn’t use 90% of armor on them? This is an MMORPG, you think mythic raiding, high keys, and top end arenas/BGs are endgame? Nah it’s Transmog.

Also this

3 Likes

I actually like mine in their dracthyr form. On creation it is the most optioned of all races to customize. You have all the other races to play dress up barbie. Transmog is not the only thing in the game that counts. More than not, I probably don’t really care. But thank you for unbacked up opinion of stating facts that you just make up out of thin air. To support a few voiceful minorities that have an issue with it and still play it. Don’t like a race then don’t play them and forego any classes they have special onto them.

1 Like

It looks really stupid when you use deep breath and hover though. Most spells work but some are absurd. They would have to make a few completely new animations if they were going to give us the ability to stay in visage mode through anything, but it’s worth it.

Dracthyr mode looks weird and gets in the way of good gameplay.

I think its ridiculous to ask for permanent visage, but I get the argument… Dracthyr are pretty ugly and lame looking. We should have got more body SIZE options to go along with everything else. I’d prob never use my visage form if I could look like a Drakonid.