Let me get this straight

it was the only one on west… and still is. it never was large until fairly recently, when dead servers were shut down, and people moved, via free passes or otherwise. THIS is when something should have been done about it- not locking it long after the damage is done and thinking, “good job, guys. this should work.”

i’m sure they will. it’s what they do.

blizzard should’ve done this before servers like grobb and the others got out of hand.

3 years too late. The ‘community’ embraced character migrations and integrated them into their culture long before tbc was even announced. Reap what you sow.

Your expectations mean nothing, you agreed to tos and should have read eula. If your experience doesnt match your expectations, unsubscribe.

Do you come here just to chat? Or do you actually think this post accomplishes anything? I can assure you the people responsible for this and those responsible for fixing the issue will never see this post. But you know what they will notice? If you and 100k+ of your friends unsub…and I dont see that happening.

Well tbf thats not true in the slightest

maybe they will like the new home.

maybe they will reason…

oh its clear! rushes back to grobb/bene.

ICC drops and…,please take a number. Number is 5500. Please hold. they will see this before it happens and, you know, stay.

this is why I took my changes day1 offered…and no plans to move anywhere. wrath still has a few speed bumps to hit.

and by the time those are cleared out… well if cata comes it is happening all over again.

There is a third option but it’ll probably land you in prison.

1 Like

People keep forgetting that grobbulus is literally the only rp-pvp server. If you want to play on an rp-pvp server, you literally have nowhere you can transfer to.

Sure, but you can still play the game.

It may not be ideal or where you might like to play, but you can play immediately.

Imagine theres only one pvp server and 10 pve servers. The pvp server is stacked, and has a queue. You tell people on the pvp server to just transfer, and that they CAN play the game, just not the way they want.

Same goes for rpers.

Man it must suck to be on an RP server with a bunch of idiots with names like Xsephirothx, Otterbox, Windowlicks, etc. who have no intention of RPing ever.

It is actually a waking nightmare

I’ve already said before I don’t believe everyone on Grob is actually an RP player. They are they for the PvP part.

Some of the names people have pretty much prove that.

I’m sure a good portion of people could switch to a regular PvP server and be just fine, but they are being stubborn and saying everyone else should move.

So that’s their own problem, not Blizzard’s.

Good thing you’re on a retail realm then.
:axe:

Well when Blizzard needs a $ boost they’ll open up transfers back to Bene and Faer and then hopefully Grob goes back to what its supposed to be.

Right, but for us actual rpers, its a real issue

I get that, and I feel for you.

However, like I said, you likely have a bunch of people that aren’t actually RP players.

If I were an actual RP player, I’d be pressing Blizzard to enforce the stricter rules of an RP server a bit better.

You’d probably clear a good portion of people out that way.

Oh, believe me, we’ve tried. We’ve tried so much. Personally, my idea of a perfect situation is, anyone on grob reported as having a non-rp name should, instead of recieving a forced name change, instead recieve a forced transfer

1 Like

I was there. there was not much rp to the pvp when I played. not saying its not there since this is my time. but…a good question to ask oneself is are you actually seeing RP. this made leaving easier for me.

Unless the horde ganking me amongst the 3 level cap to drop my then 62 rogue in party chat made it all rp. I’d not see that. alliance chat?

GDKP, tower layer info requests, and asking for layer invites to layers ones with towers about to go.

also didn’t see many rp events. granted this would be my time played. they could be there. but I never saw them.

whereas in retail even my same times played I have seen impromptu RP events on wra and mg.

One day in was just line up with the n’zoth mount day in WRA org. front door all the way back of section both sides of road 10’s of players lined up in that mount like a car show. they even tried to stay covered and aligned on each other nicely. it was impressive to see I will grant.

I have seen mount offs on MG too.

Well, see, the issue is that grob has actually been getting funneled non rpers as an overflow realm for YEARS now, and it has been killing the rp scene. The real nail in the coffin was the permanent layers we got in tbc, as this forced all rp to be organized, and that was usually done in discord servers, since you could never be sure if there was no rp going on, or if you were just on the wrong layer.

I made a full timeline of grob’s descent into the only balanced pvp megaserver on the grob forums, link for anyone interested: Roleplayer Exodus - #103 by Tira-grobbulus