Let me get this straight

Beaupeep is 100% correct, you have no legal leg to stand on here. If you launch the Wrath client, you are able to login and there are plenty of servers available, and you can play instantly if you choose an open server.

Based on the legal agreement everyone here said “OK” to, Blizzard has fulfilled any and all obligations to you.

I know, it totally sucks, but that is the way the agreement is worded and we all did agree to it.

2 Likes

People flocked to Grobb because people from Grobb were saying “come here, it’s the only “good” server in classic because it’s 50-50” and so everyone did. Numbers increased which in turn cause the queues.

Could Blizzard have prevented this? Yes
Did the players do this to themselves? Also yes.

2 Likes

I will never understand the billion dollar company defender. Do these people enjoy playing by themselves on dead realms?

Actually, there was. Grobb was the first named RPPVP server, yeah? It was a fair guess that it would be a large one. It follows that it is a fair assumption that you will face queues. You can’t plead innocent ignorance about this is a game that was what? 14 years old when Classic hit?

a talented lawyer could probably make some noise arguing blizzard is violating section 5 of their terms of service

1. Limited Warranty. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE PLATFORM, ACCOUNTS, AND THE GAME(S) ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE,” BASIS FOR USE, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF CONDITION, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE USE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NONINFRINGEMENT, TITLE, AND THOSE ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE, and the entire risk arising out of use or performance of the Platform and the Game(s) remains with the user. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Blizzard warrants up to and including ninety (90) days from the date of your purchase of a license to the Game, that the physical media on which the Game was distributed, if any, shall be free from defects in material and workmanship. In the event that such media proves to be defective during that time period, and upon presentation to Blizzard of proof of purchase of the defective media, Blizzard will at its option: (a) correct any defect, (b) provide you with a similar product of similar value, or (c) refund your money. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE FOREGOING IS YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR THE EXPRESS WARRANTY SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION.

They have not corrected the defect (queues), so are blatantly violating a)
You could argue the transfer options are not of similar value, so maybe violating b)
And they have given no refunds, so are 100% violating c)

But sure, no legal leg to stand on

It is not really defending a company here, it is stating the obvious. None of us can get around the fact that we all agreed to this when we signed up for the service.

Be upset if you like, but that will not change the legal agreement we all digitally signed when we click “Ok”.

Again, I 100% agree, that it sucks and Blizzard could have done a lot more to prevent this, but at the end of the day, all of this “I paid money, I demand X” stuff is blatantly wrong, we are all getting exactly what we agreed to pay for.

1 Like

Uh… they do give warning that the realm is full. It’s literally on the realm selection… It says full… It’s not Blizzard’s fault you can’t read

1 Like

I mean to be fair my server says full and there’s no queues.

1 Like

Sure, that often happens but come on. I personally play on Pagle but people should still be able to infer that a realm that says “Full” may in fact have a Q once in a while

1 Like

And their expensive and well trained legal team will tear you apart on the very same items.

a.) As a whole the game is working without defect, choose a non full server and there is not a queue. At no time in section a do they state that any particular server will be available, just the service as a whole.

This makes sections b and c not even applicable.

2 Likes

True.

You are not a talented lawyer, I said talented lawyer, not random person. And if you think their legal team is “well trained”… you haven’t been paying attention the last few years lol

1 Like

What defect? Players abdolutely had the ability to play classic wrath from day one on several servers without a queue. BB had zero wait times. There was no defect to correct and a lawyer talented enough to take on Activision Blizzards legal team would cost more than you will ever spend on the game.

1 Like

Sure, I guess this is technically true. However, none of know how easy or difficult that process is. As I understand it, in retail only the lower population realms are connected. The biggest realms like Area 52 are still stand alone. If that’s the case, then it’s not really a solution.

Also, you keep bring up the pillars. Being able to get lost in a sea of other people kind of goes against the pillars as well. And along with those pillars, they’ve stated their intention of phasing out mega servers. How can you listen to thing A that they said while ignoring thing B?

1 Like

To be fair, Blizzard provided free transfers.

It’s a truth that people don’t like to hear because of how obvious it is.

I guess it can also be seen as dismissive.

2 Likes

Oh brother.

“Doc it hurts when I pee.”

Doc: “Damn if you only had RDF.”

Haha

People tend to ignore personal responsibility. I dont mean it to be dismissive, just simple truth.

2 Likes

Very well written OP. For years Blizzard has not kept up with server health and then they blame their own player base for their failures. This issue has divided the community and has created this toxic atmosphere.

1 Like