Let Dracthyr fly in the Dragon Isles!

I don’t understand why I can’t fly as my Dracthyr. It doesn’t seem to make lore sense, especially considering that the NPCs do it lol. Soar is cute and all, but I really want to be able to use the full set of dragon-riding mechanics as just my character. You have to admit there is something a bit ridiculous about a dragon needing to sit on another dragon to get around. Just limit the full suite of mechanics to the Dragon Isles like you did with normal dragon riding. You can have the reduced Soar mechanics in the old world if you’re still worried about the potential impact of dragon riding in the old world (though I think we should have dragon riding everywhere, but that’s neither here nor there).

TLDR: Soar should = dragon riding in the Dragon Isles. If they’re worried about the old world, they can keep the reduced flight on Soar as it is for the old world and give us the full experience in the Dragon Isles.

11 Likes

Dracthyr need a normal flying form for old zones and a Dragon Riding form for the Dragon Isles it’s as simple as that we shouldn’t have to use flying mounts to fly like the animations are already in the game as well.

8 Likes

I agree. I’m surprised that it isn’t a thing already, honestly.

7 Likes

Then Druid would want there flight form and the ones that can fly are officers in the army we are foot soldiers

1 Like

Telash isn’t an officer and we see him flying.

Plus technically ALL Evokers are officers, Evoker is the rank just below Scalecommander, footsolders are called Talons.

3 Likes

Also, why would rank = flying capability anyway?

I can understand not wanting to make new animations for a druid flight form for the Dragon Isles (though that would be amazing), but Dracthyr have the animations, the lore, etc.

It would also make sense that a druid’s flight form isn’t capable of the same stuff a dragon is capable of, unlike the Dracthyr, who are literally dragons.

4 Likes

i agree like players saying the druids would be in force demanding they get the same treatments

Evokers have a Bachelors Degree

Druids still believe in astrology

Druids will never fly like Evokers do