Let Anduin be homosexual

Anduins royalty and has an established lore. Flynns a new character and shaws a spy master that doesn’t have much development. 2 relatively blank slate characters. And i felt by the books end they where more do friends with more down the road.

And Anduin can just hop on over and speak to Matron Nightingale about meeting kids and choosing one for adoption, this is World of WARCRAFT, there’s a plethora of dead parents, Anduin would not be in want of options here.

Post Shadowlands lgbtq Anduin adopting an orphan would be absolutely adorable and warm everyone’s hearts, top-tier storytelling in my opinon.

Sure extreme tldr:

• There are multiple gay bars in NYC, some catered only to upper class white gays and some to drag queens and others to only lesbians and etc
  • Stonewall was a gay POC and drag queen/(proto) trans bar
  • Police raided it
  • Marsha P Johnson threw a brick at a cop, became a riot, her friend Sylvia Rivera supported her. Black trans woman and latina bisexual trans woman, respectively
  • Everyone decided to remember the riot, established Gay Power March and Sylvia and Marsha established STAR (on NYU campus)
  • They also got involved with the Black Panthers and Young Lords as an internal queer committee, were included often in the internal women’s committees (some TERFs of Color at this time), and we’re proudly communist
  • Over time the march was taken over by specific groups. For example the Rainbow Flag was actually the Gay Flag, specifically, but it became generalized.
  • Gay Power March became Gay Pride Parade.
  • Event though the B and the T started it all, the L and the G became centered, and so cultural normalization replaced political power and legal justice. And so today we have Gay Marriage but no Trans relevant legislation (eg Trans panic defense is still on the books, changing gender on legal documents in hell) and Intersex people have literally been entirely erased (no third gender option on IDs)
  • Over time because the gay flag became the default the flags developed more and more and more. Modern flag seek to address that.

So to arrogantly and pretentiously dismiss pride because it’s “celebrating who I sleep with” is disgustingly ignorant

7 Likes

As far as we know thats how the sw kingship works though biology.

Not that simple - the number of kids might be plentiful… but line up a bunch of 9 year olds and tell me which one of them is fit to be the next ruler of an entire nation. Choose now - before you’ve spend any time with them…

It’s not an easy call. And that’s assuming that politics would let andiun choose any kid. More than likely the politics of the choice would make Andiun choose a noble’s orphan over a commoner.

But like I said before, this makes NO sense given that the nobility of Stormwind would have evolved and written their laws where lgbtq relationships would be commonplace.

Well no we know it’s hereditary.

There’s nothing ingame to suggest adoption wouldn’t count

1 Like

Any one of them would be fit so long as they were taught how to rule a kingdom…which Anduin clearly could do to anyone he chose.

We don’t really know whats common place. The fact that social classes exist in sw and anduin feels guilty for flirting with a commoner tells me theres more then you think in their society.

If you notice wows characters are not all that focused on romance compared to world ending threats every few months.

Jesus Baal get a reality check.

2 Likes

How do we not know this? Homophobia is non-canon, so why would any society that could easily have a gay king want to depend on forcing him to marry a queen against his wishes to ensure the stability of their kingdom.

Nope… even with the Roman Emperors who adopted… who raised their heirs to rule - many of those heirs were unfit to govern.

Infact it would probably be a more interesting story if Andiun selected an unfit heir. But then - you’d have to make the Alliance “evil”… which Blizzard wouldn’t do.

Not much either way but you should factor in the books, comics, etc.

Varians marriage was arranged. Most likely previous marriages where to.

Gens chat with anduin establishes alot of how sws society works.

That’s why I’m saying this should be retconned. And the reason why Varian was forced to marry Tiffin was because her family had money that Stormwind needed, not because Varian was gay and needed a biological heir.

No, it factors in how Genn ie Gilneas sees things.

Not Stormwind

He’s not a local

This just establishes Varian had no game

Ok but a biological child could also be unfit to rule if it turned out they were just bad at it for some reason, what is your point here?

What makes you think its all just accepted on azeroth? Shaws flashbacks seem to imply some level of hate. Inter racial couples are taboo. Azeroth is almost always under threat.

Hell most characters just seem to keep thier love lives to them selves. I don’t recall any lore saying sw jas ever had a none straight king?

Gens chat seems to tell us anduin doesn’t really have much of a choice as king. Teallia is all but been created to be his wife.

Just make new characters instead of messing with already existing ones.

And why does any of it matter to the main story?

Or just make Anduin lgbtq, like they did with Flynn and Shaw. It doesn’t need to be a net new character, like you said, if people on Azeroth keep sexual orientation to themselves then why would you be surprised by Anduin keeping this private until he officially announced a courtship.

Gen was a king. His kingdoms gone. And hes talking to anduin about sws nobles. He’s bluntly warning anduin of what could happen. He’s also concerned for someone he views as a son.

I wouldn’t discount their talk man.

So Anduin can adopt, right, and Genn’s advice will still be valid.