Let Anduin be homosexual

Blushing red lol.

I wanna see a future powered up lightbound yrel come to try and kill us. She’d be a sudo light kiljeadon/sargeres.

I can imagine the rule 34 art.

how about no

To be fair…

Dumass could do so much better than Johnny. He’s easily that death knight’s unrequited lover.

Your argument is pretty much telling everyone to follow what the Stormwind noble wants, meanwhile most of Azeroth’s heroes have encountered something much worse than that.

Anduins the only human king in the story where we have an established hierarchy for the world he lives in. Our toons don’t exist as individuals in the lore. And no other named lore character is required to have hiers for the future of his crown/society.

The only other human kingdom not destroyed is kulteris. And even that has noble houses with a head king figure. Except its voted in instead of being a bloodline.

The universe is establushed in the lore. You want to literally change the games universe to meet a checkbox quota.

And he’ll be the one who will break those established hierarchy, if Anduin is gay then anything that the nobles said hold no meaning at all.

Don’t you have something better to do? Remember their choice their life, but don’t push it on other people? Rings a bell, or you just wanna troll post?

Except he isn’t there is nothing in the lore to support him being gay or bi. Forcing such a change would just be pandering.

Hell we don’t even know if he’ll be alive past sl. It’s unlikely he’s gonna just up and change the social structure of his society.

And none of this is important to the jailers plot. Or whatever villain is next.

So he’s not gay because there’s no lore, but if they do introduce it in lore, it’s forced.

It’s not just that there’s “no lore,” it’s that the overwhelming amount of lore we do have definitively points in the exact opposite direction.

2 Likes

If its hamfisted to fit a checkbox then yes its forced. And even if they did it still would make no sense for the world the character exists in.

Writing has to make some level of sense. Otherwise you get bfa and sl.

But this is said about every LGBTQ+ character that get’s added. Almost like people don’t want…no…that can’t be it…

The couple on ardenwield wasn’t a forced thing. They are brand new characters. They are literally aliens not from azeroth. So its probably normal for their world we have no clue.

Anduin has established lore. And instances where he is attracted to women. And he lives in a world where he is requered to marry and produce hiers. He’s really set in stone here.

If he wasn’t a king he’d have more wiggle room for it to make sense.

Counteroffer: let Anduin not be so annoying.

In general, this is true. Anyone who points at the addition of LGBT characters and claims that some kind of agenda is being forced probably has some form of internalized homophobia.

But this thread is talking about a character that has been consistently and definitively presented and discussed as being straight.

To retcon all of that would be, yes, quite forced.

Honestly, I like having a character that can have deep homosocial relationships without being less “straight” because of it, and can freely show emotion without having his masculinity questioned. It’s good that WoW has a character like that. It’s positive representation, even if that representation isn’t part of the LGBTQ community. And that’s what Golden has specifically been trying to convey whenever she writes Anduin.

Yeah, but a lot of people said they were :slight_smile:

They also said it about Chromie, Flynn and Shaw, the list goes on really…

He can be Bi. Also it’s weird how obsessed people are with him having an heir but ONLY when the conversation of his sexuality being anything other than straight comes up.

2 Likes

I don’t mind if Anduin is bi.

I pointed this out before if anduins bi that wouldn’t produce heirs. Anduin and wrath having snu snu would not produce offspring. He would have to have snu snu with tealia and have wrath as a mitress.

Which mistresses are not uncommon for royalty. But anduins not exactly a harem kinda guy. And after all the damage onyxia did the citizens wouldn’t accept a black dragon.

Meaning that is not an option.

I personally felt that the rising shadows book stunk overall. Shaw and flin felt more like friends by its end. With shaw thinking of more down the line. But shaw was also going insane in a cell for 2 days.

And chromie … hes s male dragon that uses a female mortal form because. We have no idea who or what he like to have snu snu with. Dragons can make their mortal forms whatever they want.

Hell wrath could genderbend himself for kicks.

If anduin was bi that doesn’t change biology. And gen and anduins talk tells us point blank anduin needs heirs.

Which is not a problem.

Yes it is. Again gen tells him point blank you need hiers or sw will implode into a civil war for the crown. I said this before.