Let Anduin be homosexual

Yeah no thanks.

1 Like

That’s dumb, Anduin has been with Wrathion way longer than he is with Taelia.

Didn’t one of the more recent books confirm that Anduin or Tess didn’t want to tie their hands to one another?

Let Anduin die.

1 Like

I would rather them make a new character.

3 Likes

What do you mean “has been with”? They’re friends. Why does everything have to be sexual with you people? Go ruin some other game.

4 Likes

Everything is about sex to people like this. So sick of it.

3 Likes

It isn’t, but make your generalizations I guess. They’re only harmful if you say them out loud, but you’re dodging that by sticking’em in a public forum! Good for you. :3 .
Also goodness, what is it with people who make comments like this and the hidden profiles? What are you afraid of us finding? :joy:

Like listen I’m not gonna be shocked if there’s a history of homophobic comments and…other cripe. Might even be pleasantly surprised to see this is the only time that’s reared it’s ugly head in your post history!

Like…I dunno. What the heck is wrong with givin people a quick background check? Also…like…it would also be nice to have an easy way to silence you, but eh. I know there’s workarounds.
Still. You already did me the disservice of putting your words out there for my eyes to see - and now you’re making me do the extra step of remembering your name?

Goodness.

You are what you put out int the world,imho.

How do you know this?

I’ll get the camera

1 Like

Apparently you don’t understand how midevil hereditary monarchies work. Even if Anduin were gay (and I see no reason to make him so other than to please the LGTBQ activists) he would still be expected to marry a woman and have little princes or princesses to carry on the Wrynn line, chances are it’ll be Taelia Fordragon who’ll become Queen Taelia Wrynn

Why? Anduin can adopt a kid so there goes the “you have to marry a woman” argument.

I’m fairly sure that, at least historically, this would be seen as a last resort. In fact I’d wager that even if they tolerated him having a gay relationship they’d rather he marry a woman who was either comfortable with him having a side dude, or oblivious enough to not cause problems.

People often forget that the nobility of Stormwind have a lot of power, and they’ve been able to push their weight around even when it comes to the king. Anduin is powerful but without the financial support of the peerage he loses a great deal of capital. Enough so that he can be coerced into doing things he wouldn’t like just so as not to harm his people.

A direct genetic link to the monarchy will always be considered superior by the peerage and the monarchy. At least that’s how it tends to go on Earth, which is our only solid example.

Edit:

I want to clarify that I’m not suggesting their tolerance of the relationship is because of bigotry or homophobia. I’m suggesting that the House of Nobles would feel that providing an heir is the solemn duty of all monarchs. At the end of the day the King enjoys many benefits of his station, but if he doesn’t do his functional job then the House of Nobles can refrain from funding his ventures. As a result they may decide that Anduin having an heir, thereby preventing political collapse should he die, is more important than whether he’s in love.

As Blizzard has said, there’s no homophobia on Azeroth. That doesn’t mean that people who expect him to produce an heir are being homophobic per se, but rather that they believe it’s a job agnostic of love and romance. Him seeking a partner that pleased him but failed his duties would be seen as direct violation of his sacred duties, and therefore they might decline to fund his ventures or keep things functioning for him. Why pay someone who isn’t doing their job?

1 Like

Why is he “perfect” for the LGBTQ+ community?

2 Likes

Well he punched a guy so I guess he likes him.
Is that how I show affection irl? By punching people I like?

Let? Do you mean make? Why?

Leave Anduin alone, he’s a shy boy.

As part of the #Wranduin community I must say that I would love it. This is what we have been asking for since Tumblr 2013.

1 Like

Everyone in WoW is Bi until I see hardcore intercourse happening in game (which I have yet to see as a cutscene)