Let all content be scaled content

It can be an opt in system, but there should be a way to do old content with capped out characters in a way that doesn’t involve you one shotting everything. Like old quests and stuff, where the rewards are still obviously scaled towards lower levels but add more gold rewards and it’s a good way to get people to explore the world more.

16 Likes

Didn’t they already do that?

You can pick any zone and go from 1 to 30.

Legion is 30 to 40, BfA is 40 to 49, the rest is Shadowlands.

It only takes a new character.

1 Like

Oh please,no more scaling that just messed things up everywhere in this game.

17 Likes

Scaling is fine as long as it’s optional. I personally enjoyed doing party sync with a low level friend.

3 Likes

Reread my post please.

2 Likes

Aren’t you the one that went off about how disgusting the community is because a guild rejected your feral druid?

Why not follow your own advice then and make a new character.

Because Furrfist. That topic is completely irrelevant to this one. The one I created is to display that this is simply a game and just because you roll a certain class does not mean you have to be rejected.

And if you actually read my other post, it wasn’t me who was rejected. It was a dear friend. I thank you for leaving said feral druid out of this conversation.

Unless, idk, you want to become bigger trash and start mocking the situation. Go ahead. You’re only a few keystrokes away from doing so. I’m sure your ego will thank you for it.

Scaling is what killed the game for me. Just stop it.

6 Likes

Seems to be what people are missing. I’d love to do more than just Shadowlands and a sporadic week of timewalking through a few dungeons that weren’t that great. I was ecstatic to actually get into a Vault of the Wardens random queue on a low level hunter today. Almost couldn’t remember where to go. Opting in could really make things more relevant long-term. I’m so over Shadowlands dungeons.

1 Like

:point_up_2: :point_up_2:THIS :point_up_2: :point_up_2:

6 Likes

Gonna say it again because I agree with you OP.

Give us a Chromie Portal to every expansion. As it was, full mechanics. Add the permanence to the game people enjoy!!

They are halfway there with the portal rooms, we just need the option to choose current or past when entering.

Absolutely no. I don’t want to go and be in old content and have trash killing me because I pulled a ton of it.

Make a new toon, or several, and have chromie freeze their xp at different points if YOU want to play that way.

5 Likes

No thanks. Actually I’d be ok with removing scaling completely. That was one of the few things I disliked about Legion.

4 Likes

No. I don’t want to have to slog through getting a group together to transmog hunt in the $#@! Deadmines.

4 Likes

you know there is another thread on this and I said if they did this, people would want more rewards and the snark I got was some people don’t understand others do things just for the ‘fun’. I knew I was correct but thanks for proving me so.

and another

You are a one post wonder so I suspect you are an alt of someone in that other thread but there is nothing stopping people from exploring already. In fact, it is easier to explore when you don’t have max level mobs attacking you constantly.

They said opt-in.

1 Like

The do, they one shot it.

Wow head says boe with 5% drop is on these map points.

go to map points…massacre the mobs till you get the boe. Or you get bored.

Also some hunters out there…we like things just as they are. We have enough fun in the basin with the idiots who see the ultra rare exotics and kill them.

These days noobs can’t even see wrath if they wanted too. So a level 20 warrior there is a bitter vets alt. They should know that it is the ultra rare. And in an ideal world where people weren’t scum…they’d go oh I know a hunter might want this. And not kill it.

well this ain’t an ideal world and hunters still deal with butthats killing exotics not related to quest need they’d have. Less the better really. If lack of scaling keeps em out…its done its job lol.

I agree, opt in. I still think farming old zones or raids/dungeons should be ‘easy’ at max level.

However, per the OP, I’d like an opt in system for those who like to go through the old content again in a non-faceroll way. I’d like to see some sort of achievement for doing that, a quest completionist type of thing, with maybe cosmetic rewards only. Completely optional, maybe toys or a title or something. But little perks for completing the quests in various expansions at max level difficulty. But again, not touching the ability to faceroll it, farm old raids/dungeons, etc. etc.

1 Like

I didn’t play Legion, and I wish my char would scale down during the order hall campaign. I don’t like 1 shotting everything.

That would mean new new new phasing which would invariably break.

Phases already have issues coexisting. Id see them not able to add new new phasing for opt ins not bleeding over like curret phasing can do.

And personally I’d not want that crap bleeding into mine. its already fun with the interdimensional node and flowers. Yes you saw the rock…but you didn’t.

and on some world bosses like the maw one…desync in the phasing sucks. Its real fun to join a group, seeing from their bars they are in fact fighting the boss. But in your phase you physically see no group members. and the world boss you are seeing is so chill you’d think it was his union obligated 15 minute break.