Legion Transmog VS BFA Transmog

In legion we got some amazing transmog with the mage tower.
In BFA we got some ugly useless mask transmog with the vision.

I’m curious about shadowlands, what worse than BFA transmog blizzard is preparing.

5 Likes

Okay thanks for sharing.

Kinda crap how Armor classes shared the same Transmog. Like really… Pure Laziness.

I expect no better from Shadowlands. Same lazy team as BfA.

4 Likes

Really the only bfa sets I’ve like have been the heritage armor sets, and even then not all of them.

I think I remember one of the reasons they said they were doing it was they could make cool original sets not tied to class theme, not impressed. One of the things that really bothered me was the minimal difference in the mythic sets compared to normal/heroic in the last 2 raids and I’m not even a mythic raider

The Legion armors are super iconic with classes. BfA is just “eugh I’ll just mog old armor this is ugly”

4 Likes

Yep, That’s what happens when you take away tier sets and replace them with the failure known as Azerite Gear.
Aslong as we get Tier Sets back in Shadowlands we’ll have good transmogs with class identity.

2 Likes

BfA has my all time favorite armor set in history, the full Alliance warfront plate.

That is, however, one of the only armor sets in BfA that I actually liked.

1 Like

How about you just look it up. Google is a powerful ally.

They literally show you the 4 Covenant Armor sets for plate in that video.

I agree the gear was pretty ugly for BFA. For some classes the Uldir aet is half way decent and the set you unlock doing warfronts is decent looking. Other than that it’s been a massive disappointment with so many pieces just being recoloured and not attractive to begin with.

I’m ok with some recolouring if the piece looked good in the first place. BFA will probably be the one expansion in Wows history that I don’t feel like raiding to unlock anything for tmog.

The legion stuff looked a lot better. Sad how little effort they put into the BFA gear.

Mod Edit: Removed masked inappropriate language from post.

I wouldn’t mind this if they made up for the lost class sets.
Let’s compare leather for example (not counting pvp recolors).

Legion Broken Shore patch we had :

• 1 dungeon set
  • 4 class sets
    Total 5 Leather sets

Rise of Azshara:

• 1 questing/dungeon set
  • 1 leather set
    Total 2 leather sets?!

I won’t get into the actual quality of the items, because it’s greatly subjective, but BfA is much more limited, because back in other xpacs if you didn’t like your class set, there was always the chance of you liking another class of the same armor type, and would be able to get offset lookalikes.

I don’t have a quote so I might be mistaking things, but I’m pretty sure they addressed this transmog shortage worry of not having class sets because every dungeon would have its own themed set? If that was the case, yes, BfA would have competitive numbers.

3 Likes

The warfront stuff is pretty good, especially the Arathi plate sets, but most other stuff is meh.

Other than the warfront alliance plate set BFA has been a joke in the transmog department.

2 Likes

Honestly Ardenweald’s plate set kind of looks…flat. Maldraxxus’ plate set looks promising though in terms of what mail and the three lesser sets might look like. I’m just hoping they continue the trend with the Eternal Palace sets of having pieces which aren’t usually fleshed out and given depth being better in the more recent expansion’s patches.

The latest raid stuff IMO looks very lame, like WoW meets Finding Nemo. Just because the latest raids have the aquatic theme going, doesn’t mean every class has to be wearing a squid on their head or tentacles protruding from everywhere. The moving eyeball pieces is played out too, even more so for some classes that have had similar sets in the past.

I don’t see much in BFA for any of my characters that I’ll be amped up to go on tmog runs for years down the road, unlike raids and dungeons from previous expansions I’m still running years later for certain pieces.

There are 3 good looking sets in BFA.

Alliance elite set season 1
Uldir cloth mythic
Battle of Dazar’alor plate mythic

the rest is pure utterly garbage.
They had 4 SETS to create each tier and they still had the worst design ever somehow while having, what, triple the time they had for legion when they were doing killing good sets in legion that was 12 sets per tier.

Look at 8.3 content, vision and quests dropping LFR raiding set. All the mobs using Raid set. Its such a joke.

For the first time, the “PVP” gear was better looking than the raid gear.

Its not the first time lol.

Cataclysmic Paladin gear was way better than its pve counterpart T13.
There are alot of other example but its subjective anyway.

But I mean overall, not just in specific cases. The Warfront armor and weapons were top notch(and I’m so glad that getting a full set for one faction gave you the opposite faction as well).

I just want a mail set that doesn’t look like elements or dead monster parts AND looks good.

None of the raid sets have looked good this expansion. And I want “pretty” not “bada$$”.

They had the chance with the darkshore warfront and got the color of lavender right, but only the cloth and leather(minus helmet) look good.

my biggest regret was missing 100rating for the shoulders in season 1. I could’ve gotten it but didnt play enough. So I have almost all the set except the shoulders and it’s sad, but then now i’m horde and the horde set isnt very good looking

1 Like