Legion paragon mounts

I eventually got all the mounts, which took literally years (the final one, the Highmountain moose clone, was the holdout) but to this day I cannot get the damn Wardens paragon toy to drop.

Just. That. One. Thing. And then I am done with the Legion paragon thing. But noooo, no no no, this toy apparently needs a drop rate lower than Invincible, with zero bad luck protection.

Try farming that toy for 7 years and then get back to me about Invincible drop rates. :stuck_out_tongue:

I had all but the dream runner when legion was current. Got the dream runner sometime in 8.2 I think.

The hippo was a BfA pvp mount, you mean the hippogryph?

People who got all those in Legion did so not by farming world quests, but by stationing alts at the mission board and doing as many rep token missions as possible.

Im a dumb, and did not capitalize on it for most of the rep bonus. I’m still missing the court of farondis one. In the last week I opened 5 paragon caches. No dice.

At this point, it would be feasible for me to buy it with curious coins, if they made it cost the same as the war turtle mount. (just checked, this character has 228 of those, dunno why. I have the mount and the gjallarhorn thing)

I gotta call shenanigans on this claim.

First off, you would never mathematically have enough rep just doing the story quests for any of the legion paragon caches. At most all they ever did was get you half way through honoured, maybe a bit through revered. Secondly, even if by some trick you were able to get a paragon cache without deliberately grinding/farming rep after you had finished all the normal quests, the odds of getting all the mounts this way is akin to being struck by lightning or winning Powerball.

This of course assumes you did it before they doubled the rep gains from legion after the expac ended (but you said you did it while legion was current) or have the rep buffs during the SL prepatch. Obviously with those 2 factors, it might be possible get a paragon cache or 2 just from story quests. But the chances of getting all the mounts just from that plus story quests is still hilariously low.

Unless you don’t consider repeatedly doing faction world quests or mission table tokens for rep week after week not farming???

I never farmed for the mounts. I obviously kept questing but just because I wanted to (there were gold rewards and so, also some quests are just fun). That doesn’t mean I did every daily world quest, just when I wanted something.

So yeah, just questing because I want to, is not farming IMO.

You can check my armory to see the mounts if you want.

So what you’re saying is you did do the repeated world quests (no one said you had to do every single one) plus emissaries, but for other reasons and therefore didn’t consider that farming because you enjoyed them? I mean sure, you didn’t specifically go after the paragon caches doing this that’s true, but I don’t know man. I still would classify that as farming the reps. Just like how some people farm ICC for mogs but end up getting Invincible at the end as a bonus. 🤷

1 Like

mute, just of curiosity i dont know if its been asked before but… when the lady at the dmv asked you to smile to take your forum profile pic…

this was the face you made?

I was still not farming though, just playing around legion. If I was farming I would’ve been trying to get the mounts or specifically try to do certain caches all the time, but whether I did or not was never my intention. Point is they can just fall while just playing the game. Farming them is pointless overkill.

i finally got all the legion paragon mounts a month ago.

while not a mount, but from the wardens’ paragon chest, i am still using my legion main to get Sira’s Extra Cloak:
https://www.wowhead.com/item=147843/siras-extra-cloak#comments

I like farming mounts but the paragon mounts in Legion are insane. Those mounts should have been available with the low drop chance from the regular emissary chests. Or they could be available from the paragon cache with at least a 25% drop chance.

https://media4.giphy.com/media/3orieZZzBs39Gz7amc/giphy.gif

Oh my poor child, have you seen the mount journal for Shadowlands? Each of the reputations is getting a mount in it’s paragon box.

I’m still trying for the moose and carpet casually. Took me 70 for the hippo and it was the only one I actively farmed.

I believe you should be able to buy them with curious coins.

I managed to get all the Legion paragon mounts and toys on one character from the two bonus rep events this year. None of my alts are exalted in the Legion reps, so it was just my main doing all the emissaries and rep tokens. I’m actually shocked that it worked out because I usually have horrendous luck with getting mounts to drop.

1 Like

I did Legion emissaries a whopping 1 time during the 2 months of the rep buff.

I got the Val’sharah Unicorn from the only Paragon box I got, lol.

Already have the Suramar Carpet and Azsuna Hippogryph.

Don’t really care enough to grind out Highmountain or Stormheim, since I have other moose/storm drakes.

Hippo isn’t available on BMAH. It’s the best Paragon mount too so of course it wouldn’t be.

I’m surprised they didn’t add more items or the mounts to purchase with the coins. It’d offer incentive and feel a little better for people with bad luck.

I don’t know how many tries it took me to get all the paragon mounts, but to give you a rough estimate of how long it took, I have like 500 Curious Coins and could probably swim in a pool of them like Scrooge McDuck.

So, I’d say making the Paragon Mounts buyable with Curious Coins would be a great form of bad luck protection.

1 Like