Legion paragon mounts

Welp, I gave it a shot. When I heard there was a legion rep bonus in September, I logged in my 5 toons that have exalted with all legion factions and did all farondis and kirin tor emissaries because I just wanted the hippo.

I was also missing the nightfallen carpet but since its ugly I only did those emissaries on one character.

September ended I opened roughly 30 farondis paragon boxes and maybe 3 nightfallen, no cigar.

They extended it to October, kept going with more involvement with the app, funnelling all the extra tokens to the human toon for bonus rep.

Got the crappy nightfallen carpet after 2 more boxes, and no hippo in 50-60 farondis boxes.

I think I opened another 50 of those while legion was current, gave it another shot this time around but it is simply not meant to be, meh!

How did your paragon mount hunt go?

4 Likes

i finally got the unicorn that escaped me for all of legion/bfa

#freethemogs

1 Like

I forgot these were a thing.

I got that ugly dreamrunner horse/unicorn/abomination during Legion, and maybe one other one, then never sunk a single iota of thought into them again until I saw this thread.

I got all of mine by farming rep tokens on 12 tables. I only used them when I had a rep buff from the Darkmoon fair, so once a month I opened a ton of boxes. It think it took 4-5 months. The unicorn was the one I wanted most so of course I got it last lol

1 Like

I feel like this is what ill do now, ill just do missions once a day since it takes 2 mins on the phone, wait for any kind of rep buff and open wtv on the human toon, atleast its low effort.

only interested in the hippo because its a compact flying/ground mount and the only high res hippo available for horde besides the glory achievement one (which i dont count because its just all pink and its not my style)

1 Like

I didn’t try very hard since I’m only missing a couple of elekk recolors…I didn’t get them.

This is what I did too. I think I got the carpet last. I deleted 4-5 hippogryphs (sorry OP).

Honestly I should have just kept on with it, the money from the boxes isn’t bad either for the effort involved.

If they do paragon mounts again, they should at least make them tradeable. That way people who get duplicates can make a bit of money off of them, and people that don’t want to bother with it at all can just buy the mounts and call it done.

2 Likes

The hippo has a broken drop rate, I am not kidding when I say I had to do it FAR longer than all the others to get it, well over 100 attempts. Please blizzard NEVER layer RNG on top of grinding like this ever again!!!

2 Likes

I don’t bother for paragon caches. When Legion was current I got the Vala’jar dragon mount and that’s it I think. Don’t really care for collecting stuff by doing boring things.

Earn some gold 'cause I think they are adding it to the BMAH or have already. (If you want).

All i wanted was a hippogryph, but i was denied it. So I have to settle with my magical hoppogryph.

yes I saw the valarjar one on the BMAH once, I try to check bmah every day but haven’t seen the hippo

What hippo?

Edit: Oh… stupid, you meant hippogryph. I got excited when you said hippo and thought I missed a cool hippo mount.

7 Likes

edit: Just read snikrots post lol my bad

It took me exactly 63 Valajar caches to get my damn Valajar Stormwing. I hardcore grinded about 30 toons to exalted during September and got it the 2nd to last day the rep buff was SUPPOSED to end. I was so mad at that point I didn’t even want to ride it.

Managed to get the Hippogryph, Moose and TWO Elekks from Army of Light, plus the pets and toys from Vol’dunai, Talanji’s Expedition, Order of Embers and Storm’s Wake (I already had the Stormwing, the Carpet and one of the elekks before the event). Still missing the toys from Zandalari Empire and Proudmoore Admirality, the Snapdragon from the Unshackled/Ankoan boxes and the pets from Uldum Accord/Rajani Paragon boxes from BfA.

From Legion I’m only missing the Dreamrunner. Luckily I got the Thistleleaf Adventurer so no longer pressed to do Dreamweavers every time the emisary it’s there.

1 Like

wow, one hell of a yield

1 Like

:scream:

YOU TAKE THAT BACK RIGHT NOW!

2 Likes

Not well, I cannot seem to get the Wild Dreamrunner. :seedling:

I got all mounts during legion just by questing. Never needed to farm.

1 Like

I got them all by having one of each class at max level for the class hall mounts and such. I used their tables for tokens and actually spent the time to take them all out and do emissaries. I got them all very easily, with the dreamrunner taking the most (about 10) boxes to open.