Legion numbers are being used in Classic (proof)

bump… this is the exact reason I was concerned when they said they are back porting it… itll never be accurate imo

1 Like

Really the “bump” needs to occur to the bug report in the beta forums, not this thread.

I Support they it least look into this.

Good find, bump the thread in the beta section

Need to find one of them level 60 elite rare beta testers.

1 Like

How we make this post get to blizzard then?

Pretty sure all of those responses were made to posts along the lines of “mobs don’t hit hard enough,” and never in response to “I’m hitting too hard.”

Also, most of the posts that’s said in response to are made by posts who use their memory as evidence. “I remember X in vanilla.” Okay? So what?

Exactly.

And I suspect Blizzard will either say “Thanks, we’re fixing this” or “Actually, here’s proof you’re wrong” like they did for every other instance of people providing evidence that something was awry.

At this point, we just wait for either.

2 Likes

There’s a bug report on this in the beta forum. Opened about a week ago.

Game has been fun so far, continue watching from the outside with that type of attitude.

1 Like

Good to see real evidence provided. This is the sort of rigorous testing that really makes a difference in the long run.

Stuff like this really makes me wish they didn’t insist on trying to utilize the modern API.

They wanted the added security and battle.net infrastructure. Really the only choice they had in that case.

I got a post reported and deleted for saying Blizzard would fudge with the numbers… Because I questioned their history of truth telling…

So they wanted something that nobody else cares about and that’s going to end up totally watering down the experience. Who knows what bugs are still left to be discovered, especially bugs in content that people haven’t and likely won’t have access to (endgame dungeons and raids); doesn’t look promising that an authentic, bug free 1.12 experience is going to be ready for launch. Layering’s whatever to me; but the spell batching window, leeway, broken pet AI, incorrect calculations, etc. are just jarring.

5 Likes

Most everyone likes what it provides even if you don’t notice it. The battle.net is probably more for patching and hot fixing systems than anything else.

fix this blizzard, it has more likes than your EU server post already

This is one of the most legit concerns to date - respect to who ever it was that figured this out

1 Like

Not just that but also health regeneration/mana regeneration.
All those numbers should be double checked now.

And it should have been checked a long time ago by Blizzard testing to verify they actually had an “authentic” environment.

This isn’t even the same thing. The entire premise the “it 2 ez” people were using, was that the mobs weren’t hitting hard enough. Not that instant attacks were doing 5-8% more damage, which is hardly going to change much of anything.

Weapon type Vanilla multiplier Legion multiplier
Two-handed 3.3 3.6
One-handed 2.4 2.6
Dagger 1.7 1.8
Ranged 2.8 3.0

Your posts were “shutdown” because Blizzard and many others including myself provided video evidence that the mobs weren’t attacking any faster or hitting any harder. I don’t remember anyone saying “it’s too easy because we’re hitting slightly harder!”

What a joke.

1 Like

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/bug-instant-attack-normalization/200006/7?u=tagatojin-wyrmrest-accord

Pretty quick Blue response

1 Like