Legion numbers are being used in Classic (proof)

Great, detailed info here from the beta forums. Unfortunately the post got buried and never got a response, but it brings some interesting things to light; namely that the Legion normalization multipliers are being used in Classic.

It does raise the question about how many other cases there may be of these less obvious numbers using their Legion or BFA versions rather than their Vanilla ones. It could help explain why the Beta thus far has felt much easier than many people remember it.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/bug-instant-attack-normalization/200006

72 Likes

Interesting… wouldn’t surprise me coming from Blizzard

1 Like

Nice find.

6 Likes

I know of magey from the Warrior Discord channels.

Unfortunately as I don’t have Beta access I can’t bump his post. Does anyone know if this bug has been submitted to Blizzard?

If you click on the first link it takes you to the classic beta forum and you’ll see the bug got opened 5 days ago.

So it’s not that mobs are easier; it’s that you are doing more damage using legion code.

9 Likes

Yeah read his post, not sure if that is how Blizzard is tracking bugs as they have commented on very few of them.

Where are the naysayers ? The ones that say our memories are bad, Blizz couldn’t be wrong because they have the real 1.12 code, players are more skilled today ?

35 Likes

I think it was hard to debate because no one had any proof and wanted to believe bliz knew what they were doing.

4 Likes

Debate ? No, those of us questioning it were shut/shouted down.

19 Likes

I agree with you. The whole thing is exhausting. I’m just giving a reason why that happened.

1 Like

Ok. Well now there is proof, done on the beta.
So there shouldn’t be any more debate…more like “We need this fixed”

2 Likes

wanted to believe bliz knew what they were doing.

Lol. I don’t trust them till they earn it.

17 Likes

Its also worth noting the AV Servers varied drastically from the actual beta test servers.

But either way should be investigated.

1 Like

If you take a quick look at that chart players are doing about 20dps more then they did in vanilla for each hit.

3 Likes

How did they vary drastically ?
It’s still classic code…still running through the 8.1 server just like the rest of classic.

There’s no reason to try to argue against this one because it provided evidence. Blizzard should look into it, and fix what’s happening here.

However that doesn’t mean that every time somebody around here feels like numbers are off that automatically means it’s wrong and running Legion code instead.

Evidence is important when it comes to making Classic as authentic as possible. Feelings based on 15 year old memories not so much.

20 Likes

Pretty sure classic is derived from v7.

With a significant amount of variance as opposed to a normal classic server.

1 Like

Nice job to the guys who put in the time finding this bug. It’s deflating thinking about what else could be going unnoticed though.

25 Likes

Good catch guys. Hopefully blizz fixes this soon.

Fix this please bump!

1 Like