Legion Artifacts Squished Too Low

This is a strange and interesting fluke.

I’m doing Legion content because that’s what I was doing before the pre-patch. The artifact weapons, what you would normally use it level through Legion content, are level 20!

My Charachter is level 41 though, and a green weapon I picked up prior to pre-patch, is level 47!!!

Why are artifact weapons squished down so much?

P.S. I never entered Chromie Time.

Edit: Everything else is scaled down correctly, EXCEPT my artifact weapons. I’m basically unable to use them for Legion content. My warlords mining pick is stronger!

25 Likes

Legion artifacts were lvl 100 before pre-patch, because that’s what lvl Legion content started at. They are lvl 20 now because that’s what lvl Legion content starts at. Remember, artifacts were powered up and given ilvl boosts as you lvled.

4 Likes

Except I’m not in Chromie Time.

The Legion content for me is all Level 40 because that’s what corresponds to level 100.

So my artifacts are level 20, but any quest items I get, are above level 40 - my green weapon is level 47 because it was level 100+.

The artifacts should have been reduced down to level 40 because that’s what corresponds to level 100.

7 Likes

The artifacts don’t scale with lvl like everything else does though. They are simply the lvl that Legion content starts at irrespective of lvl scaling.

8 Likes

Some Legion content is over scaled. legion dungeon items are over done right now as well.

It’s kind of fun to get them though, you come out a little stronger than an old 101 twink.

1 Like

But Legion content doesn’t start at level 20.

It started at 100, and 100 corresponds to level 40.

Like, I go into the zones, and everything, including quest rewards, is 40+ - except for Artifact weapons, which are 20 levels lower, and I’ve done barely any questing in the zone.

I also can’t go to BFA content because that starts at level 45 for me as I’m levelling up the old fashioned way.

Also, consider this - the green sword I do have is from the DK quartermaster; the guy who traditionally sold you something because you didn’t have the artifact weapon yet. That item was level 150, and it’s now 47.

So, the greens sold by the quatermaster are now more than 20 items levels higher than the actual artifact weapons, and there’s no weapon drops in Legion, so those green weapons are actually crazy good and OP as a result.

If everything was squished down to 20, as you say, you would expect those green weapons to also be level 20 as they come from a vendor available at the start of your campaign.

In short - aritifact weapons should be higher, level 40

15 Likes

I leveled a character up to 110 the day before the prebpatch and got his artifact. He managed to get 3 relics. His level is now 48. His ilvl is now 57. His artifact is now ilvl 70 with a 50, a 52, and a 60 warforged relic.

Yes, I did notice as well last night that the relic upgrades are much larger than before. It looks like they were squished that much to compensate for the relics upgrades being larger

I saw that, my artifact is ilvl 20 and shadowmourne 35
I laughed.

7 Likes

Gotta disagree here. I had two ilvl 14 inserts drop in dungeons by the time I hit actual level 20.

I think unlocking the 3rd slot needs to be much lower level than 45 though.

The fact that it isn’t working for you because you aren’t in Chromie time, and starting the expansion 31 levels late isn’t really relevant…

4 Likes

Stuff a few relics into those badboys and watch the ilvl go nuts

2 Likes

Well, what’s relelvant is you previously started Legion using your artifact to do Legion Content, and you didn’t have weapons from previous expansions, or green vendor items, being 40+ item levels faster.

Like, you basically are gimped using your artifact until you get many relic upgrades, which wasn’t the case before. Right now, My WoD mining pick is stronger.

The aritifact should start at level 40 and the relics be smaller.

I shouldn’t need to do an abundance of quests, obtaining relics, just to have the artifact be good enough for questing. That’s definitely NOT how it worked in Legion.

Needing to have the third slot sooner, before level 45, is especially strange because that was something that happened AFTER you were at max level for Legion. You certainly weren’t expected to have your aritifact to be equal to questing content only when you were done reaching max level!

7 Likes

Not long ago in Legion I was carrying 100+ charaacters through normal dungeons for a class hall quest. One of them got a life relic that was scaled down to her level. That was pretty weird, but an artifact of what the forced legacy loot system does to at-level characters.

I would be happy with it being scaled to my level, but instead it’s 20 levels lower. The stats are literally +1.

Items from WoD, MoP, and Wrath are stronger!

I’m doing Legion content, and can’t use my artifact because it’s too weak!

2 Likes

You will be happy to know they hotfixed a nerf in lol

1 Like

awwww, u got me all excited - I thought u meant they fixed it!

Back to questing Legion with green weapons

Nah, they just nerfed everything else

You need to get relics for it. I assume it stats at ilvl 20 for level 10 players picking it up and you are supposed to use relics to buff it.
Same happened to me on my 41 WW. Had to chuck in a relic which gave me an additional 15 ilvls, still need at least 1 more for it to equal out.

1 Like

To be fair you can just use heirlooms until then, also you start getting relics like 5 quests in.

If she has an heirloom weapon, she should use it. She should put in a ticket about the one she has, because it should be at ilvl 40 when she got it. Ilvl 20 is just wrong.

1 Like