Legion Artifacts Squished Too Low

They’re fine, you just need to actually use the relics again to increase the stats. I went a while just using my heirloom weapon instead until I realized this; after I started using them again, the artifact was far better than heirlooms.

1 Like

OMG!!!

I can’t use the weapons I had bought from the quatermaster now because I don’t meet the level requirements!!!

This is ludicrous - those were supposed to be the things you used BEFORE getting the artifact.

JAW DROP

Why do I need to buy Heirlooms?

Why can’t I just use the aritifacts I had that were level 100 a few days ago?!?!

I’m now sitting here with an aritifact whose level is too low, and another one whose level is too high!

1 Like

I am leveling a rogue alt in Legion for a guild achievement. I find that inserting a relic I get from a quest reward raises the ilvl. So far, every time I have checked, my Artifact weapon is better than my Heirloom by a few points this way.

Relics come from random mob drops, or from main story quest chain completions.

1 Like

I never said buy them, most people simply have them by now :man_shrugging:

Just get the relics, I literally did it myself yesterday. Or use a green item. However you want to do it. The forums aren’t going to magically give you another 50 ilvls.

OP simply doesn’t want to do that apparently.
I think they are not understanding that Legion content is no longer 10 levels under max level and instead counts as the base levelling experience.

4 Likes

I’m saying it’s a stupid change considering I’m not even in Chromie TIme and instead of having it work as it did before, they overnerfed the artifacts so they were the same whether you are in Chromie time or not.

I didn’t pick these up yesterday, I picked them up last week, and the item level was fine for questing, and now they are too weak.

I mean, regardless if there are workarounds, it does sound like a bug.

The default level of the weapon should be at least on par with entering level 40 content. MoP and WoD items being better can’t be intended.

1 Like

That’s exactly what I’m saying.

My level was squished the corresponding level.

My gear was squished the corresponding level.

Any weapons other than artifacts were squished the corresponding level.

But aritifacts were squished an additional 20 levels!

AND NOW, the weapons sold by the quartermaster in the campaign hall are TOO HIGH for anyone doing legion content at level 40 because they are level 47, which is half way through BFA content!

That’s like having a vendor in Boralus selling level 67 gear you can’t use.

2 Likes

Chromie or not, the Artifacts are meant to work as soon as you step foot in Legion content. Relics are the only way to raise the stats on them. There is no real way to opt out of Chromie time. Everything pre-SL scales with our level now until we hit 50. My advice, use the relics or use heirlooms.

Or items from MoP and WoD, which are now stronger?

If these were things items I acquired, I could kinda see your point, but if it was level 100 last week, it should have been squished down appropriately like EVERYTHING else in my bags.

Also, is it really correct for legion vendors to be selling gear that is superior to the artifacts?

It’s exactly as it worked before, you get a base ilvl and you upgrade through relics. They can’t simply have an ilvl scaled artifact, it works different because they are special items.

Otherwise you woupd wait to max level, get your fully scaled artifact and then dump in some max level relics and it would be hands down the best item in game, possibly even equal to SL gear at that stage.

You are over dramatising it. They aren’t great but they are perfectly fine for questing. As I said I literally just went through the process myself yesterday.
I didn’t even realise it was such a low level until I went to put my first relic in which took less than 10 minutes to acquire :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I have levelled up 9 classes in the past year and the relics weren’t that significant, so stop saying it works like it always have. They were level 100 and worked fine throughout questing even without relics.

They also never removed the quest for a third slot, so maybe you are right - it is possible to actually make them be the strongest items in the game. Considering the last relic I got was +14, I’m guessing they become +20 at level 50? So, 20*3+20 = 80.

What the equivalent of level 80 gear right now?

Bottomline, it shows how this system is pretty messed up for legion content now. I began doing some BFA content and immidiately was given a weapon that was actually stronger and usable, while I wait for a whole set of items that were working yesterday, but now won’t let me because their item level were too high - and they were sold in legion content!

What I mean is that even with level scaling the artifact weapon never scaled and always had a base ilvl instead which was increased through relics, this fundamentally hasn’t changed.

What has changed is that the value of relics has gone up because they now scale over 50 levels of content instead of 10, and the base ilvl is lower because it is obtainable at level 10 instead of just before max level.

What I frankly didn’t expect is that we are all actually in Chromie Time, whether we sign up for it or not.

Honestly, if everything pre-SL is just gonna scale like this, why is she even needed?

Look, my artifacts I got from Legion, the one that has relics in it from a few quests? comparable to ehh grade gear for a max level toon. The ones without relics? not so great, but they weren’t so great to begin with either without relics. The stupidity on the Greens is kinda ****ed from blizz, but the rest? suck it up lass and get some relics. if anyone has Legion crafting, they could make a few for you to jumpstart your artifact’s

it’s a new status quo, gotta keep with the times.

So basically making Chromie Time a complete waste until you hit level cap for the expansion. I feel like I should just level normally until I hit expansion level cap, then go finish that expansion in Chromie Time.

Nope. You can walk into a zone of the appropriate level and start questing there without ever talking to Chromie.

Did you put in a ticket about the ilvl of the artifact you got, OP? What level are you now and what class are you on? Horde or Alliance?

Seriously, I really don’t even understand Chromie Time any more.

Why didn’t they just state that all pre-SL zones now scale? I think the only exception is pre-cata zones in EK and Kalimdor that stop at 30. Right now, without Chromie Time, I go to legion, it’s level 44, I go to BFA, it’s level 44, I go to Wrath, it’s level 44.

So what is the point of Chromie time??!?!

2 Likes

A lot of these ideas they had don’t fit neatly into the new borrowed power in gear paradigm. I think they were assuming that all gear would drop when they designed it, so your ilvl would keep up.

Without an heirloom-type scaling, your artifact cannot remain relevant.

There are warlords crafted weapons that would be better than your artifact. Weapons drop in warlords dungeons and raids, but you’d have to be carried.

no the lvl squish is 10-40 player lvl ilvl squish is down to 20 because relics boost ilvl you can boost the relics by crafting them and using the new relics items in creating them you can reset the ilvl to i think max 47.

I didn’t, because frankly, I doubt it would result in any change. The one change they did actually made it worse - not being able to use the quartermaster weapons!

So, I just began doing BFA content, and got a level 44 weapon after the first quest (that I skipped), which I can now return to Legion and quest with. But I’m gonna just continue with BFA because I only really care about the class hall campagin in legion.

I’ve only done Zuldazar on horde so far, so now doing another BFA zone (Vol’dun) on my DK and it’s cool cause it’s new (have 9 other classes at max, 8 Alliance, so it’s fun to do some new content).

There seemed to be no level requirements for forming bases either, so quickly did all three bases. That took me from 41 to 44 after around an hour.

WOW - Levelling up is fast now. At this rate, I won’t even be done Vol’dun by the time I hit 50.

My WoD mining pick - you know the one you get to help with mining? It’s actually stronger and I was using it for a bit! Something made to be used with professions! I wonder if there are even stronger fishing poles.

OR… you could just hope over to BFA, do the opening, and then return with a decent weapon and avoid that whole mess, or just have something crafted for you, or buy something from the AH.

It’s frankly a strange penalty imposed on Legion. Would be better to just remove relics and make aritifact weapons scale.

1 Like