Legacy Loot Coming to Legion Instances

Can we make this the new standard for Legacy Loot moving forward? For example:

• Legacy Loot (not buff) kicks in when you hit max level of the expansion after the content. e.g., Level 120 turns on Legacy Loot for Legion. Come Shadowlands, Level 60 turns on Legacy Loot for BfA.
  • Legacy Buff (the thing that makes you deal way more damage to trivial content) kicks in at level cap of the expansion after the content +1. e.g., Legion legacy kicks on at “121”; Level 51 come SL. BfA Legacy Buff would be Level 61.

This way, even if it’s still difficult to do the content solo, we can still bring friends and get a decent amount of loot for mog. Plus, when an expansion isn’t the current one, the content’s gear is already not going to be helping you and most people just go for mog anyway. It shouldn’t take until the end of the expansion (or later) for the Legacy Loot changes to go through IMO.

All that said, great change that’s coming early, but I do hope Legacy Loot (not buff) will kick on for BfA at 60 rather than the end of SL or later.

7 Likes

And here I thouight I was going to have to wait til the Shadowlands Prepatch before I can start farming up Legion Transmogs.

1 Like

I’m assuming they won’t have the same debuff applied to them that makes them take more damage quite yet like with older raids from previous expansions?

Thank you!!! Very unexpected (was waiting for Shadowlands for this) but much appreciated! <3

This is pretty cool, EN, NH and ToS’ tier sets were really good looking. Wish real tier looks per class made a comeback!

4 Likes

And now all you’re going to get is trinkets.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

Proceeds to only get lego slot items :sob:

1 Like

Indeed. More dungeons to run weekly now. I love collecting the various armor sets this game has to offer. Along with my weekly runs I do every Tuesday for mounts. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

no probably there wont be a nerf, considering that only certain bosses do harm mostly to mechanics I guess they want them to keep like that until shadowlands hits.

Will you be removing Artifact Weapon Relics from the Loot Tables?

If not, please remove them from the lists so we don’t end up with an item that no longer serves a purpose in game (functionally or aesthetically).

5 Likes

Wait. What about mythic KJ??? That fight still requires a heavy nerf. Even 470 ilvl peeps would get pwnt still.

2 Likes

I don’t think they will, considering there’s still ring/necks from past expansions on older raids consider it as another stone on your goals just like neck/rings :man_shrugging:

Probably not. But it doesn’t really matter unless you’re doing Mythic raids. I did Heroic Nighthold earlier today and the most damage I took was jumping down to Krosus.

I was already farming some of them, so this is fantastic news! Could you fix mythic Eonar to be doable with fewer than 16 people while you’re at it?

2 Likes

I’m alright with this for now from a numbers standpoint, since the legacy ‘buff’ won’t be kicking in during BfA. Will anti-solo mechanics be adjusted, though? Numbers are one thing, and some of these mechanics will indeed be able to be skipped in Shadowlands with higher damage output, but I’m hoping the ones that can’t be brute forced will be addressed relatively quickly.

2 Likes

this was already “fixed” 4 of the same group can get multiple debuffs so you need 4 persons now every time not 16

They already did, you only need 4 people for Mythic Eonar.

OwO

Mog senses tingling

Thank you for letting me know! I hadn’t heard that.

you can farm them now. in a group