Legacy buff in Legion

I’m not sure if I’m the only one experiencing difficulty soloing Legion raids, it was my understanding that content 2 expansions old was supposed to be trivialized by a legacy buff, am I missing something or is did they decide to no longer do this?

18 Likes

It’s not just you, a lot of folks have commented about how broken Legion scaling is at this time. There are other threads on the topic, although they’ve dipped a bit as many people have effectively given up on it.

The history as I understand it:

• Blizz said that the pre-patch level squish wouldn’t negatively impact legacy content
  • Contrary to that, what instead happened is what you’re seeing now, where legacy content was heavily affected, to the point where the 10+ year standard of being able to easily solo content that’s 2-expansions old is no longer really possible
  • Recently Ion stated in an interview (it can be found on Wowhead, I believe) that the legacy content is working “as intended” and that they’re not under the impression that anything needs to be fixed at this point because “they haven’t gotten specific reports of issues”

Soooooooo, to summarize, even though they said they wouldn’t break all the things, they broke all the things and are avoiding addressing it. Likely because of the multitude of issues coming up with the shiny new expac.

That, and they’ve been on holiday and are probably only now even looking into the bigger problems with the game. :man_shrugging:

30 Likes

shadowlands is about not having fun. breaking transmog farms for legion is step one in removing all previous content.

8 Likes

I hope they will nerf legion raids! I could only do the first two, even though I could solo most bosses in Antorus at the end of 8.3. It feels bad :frowning:

In the meantime, make sure to use your heart of Azeroth and lust every boss if you have it.

1 Like

The legacy buff is not every 2 expansions but when mobs are 11 more levels lower than you.

1 Like

Precisely, pretty much, this.

1 Like

Which has, traditionally, always been 2 expansions prior. So, in essence: Blizzard Entertainment jacked up their legacy content and is refusing to address it, stating instead that it is “working as intended” when they flat-out said from the get-go that it would remain as it was previously before the squish.

Ergo: Blizzard Entertainment is flat-out lying, again, to our faces and is reneging on things they’ve said and/or promised to its playerbase, again.

8 Likes

I dont think bliz did anything , the way it works is that they dont have to do anything and stuff should turn to legacy by its own as expansions and levels increase. Earlier legion raids are easy but the later ones are giving trouble as the mobs in them are 51+

They should One Azeroth this whole thing and make all raids in the game drop competitive ilvl loot with Nathria, all zones scale to 60.

And, they shouldn’t be 51+. That’s part of the problem, and a problem that Blizzard is refusing to address and is stating is “Working as intended”.

5 Likes

But it is working as intended due to the level squish. I would argue once SL hits its halfway mark those later half legion raids will become way easier.

i haven’t seen anything above 46 or 47 in legion raids. thats more than enough levels for the legacy buff to kick in and it doesn’t.

this is purely intentional to spite casuals players further.

4 Likes

They intentionally left it out.
Go figure lol.
Seems they couldn’t be bothered to even follow the 11 levels gap to make that ‘legacy’ when in BFA even without corruption people were doing fine on it and now can’t touch it.

This is working great :rofl: :clown_face:'s i tell ya over at HQ

Nobody wants to, nor should they have had to from the offset, need to wait until the gearing process in Shadowlands is halfway, or fully complete, to do end-game Legion Raids. The Legacy buff should be fully in effect already, the level scaling for the raids are all jacked up because of the level squish, and Blizzard ignored an immense amount of feedback from this and massively upset the transmog/old-world content communities by handwaving this issue aside as they did, when the forefront promise was that, “If you could do it before, you can still do it.” (Basically, not in actual words.)

Well: They can’t do it now, as they could before. Hell, I can’t even do it now as I could before, and I am one hell of a transmogger that runs old-world content and knows the bosses/battles and raids inside and out.

Their promise was not kept, and it should be addressed. The simple solution? Go in to the Legacy buff code, alter the level restriction, or simply apply it to all Raids dating back two expansions prior to the current (if you’re a max level) and beyond. Enough said, no problems anymore, nothing.

13 Likes

Seeing as how you can enter Shadowlands at level 48, they should’ve ended Legacy monster/raid levels at level 48. There’s no reason for the mobs to be level 51.

2 Likes

They don’t want people running old raids instead of Torghast.

2 Likes

Exactly, or tweak that ‘legacy’ buff so it omits BFA which they clearly can.

2 Likes

Content gets easier with better gear…news at 11.

BTW if everything was squished by around half shouldn’t the Legacy Buff kick in when you’re 5 or 6 levels about the content instead of 11?

5 Likes

Normally, that’s correct. However, they applied the buff to Legion content manually at the end of BfA. So, it’s been in effect for almost a year now.

Though anyone that thought this wouldn’t happen is crazy. Blizzard has this problem every time they do a squish. Something gets screwed up and they refuse to fix it for months.

2 Likes

They applied the Legion Legacy Loot buff in BFA, not the damage.

1 Like