Lefty Representation

That’s really interesting. It’s awful that your teacher tried to force you to use your right hand, really damaging.

I read a theory once that every left handed person was, at one stage, part of an identical twin set, Mirror Twins. It was just conjecture, though.

I have friends who are Mirror Twins, one is right handed, with an organ-normative body, and the other is left handed and everything is opposite; her heart, finger tips, etc.

1 Like

That’s so interesting! I’ve never heard of that before.

1 Like

It’s not exactly conjecture, but you’d have to stretch the definition of “person” included a late-stage embryo (around 10 days from conception).

There is some mechanism that weights handedness towards right rather than left. When mirroring occur, whatever that mechanism is gets split between the two resultant embryos and you get more than just handedness differences.

1 Like

Left hand dominant with some ambidextrious involved. Play guitar right handed, that’s the way I’d seen it done I suppose. Always annoyed that a left handed guitar is a couple hundred bucks more expensive than a right handed one, there’s no more material involded in creating one.

Left handed scissors, could never use them either hand so its right handed ones in either hand.

There was (maybe still is) a store called the Leftorium, and a couple of other niche stores that had left hand specific items. I alway thought the clock that ran “backwards” was one of the coolest things.

One poster is correct about the left hand being considered as work of the devil kind of reference. I went to a church school early 70’s, and one of the teachers would pull ears and scream at those of us that were left handed, so the stigma still held true even then.

A left hand option would be awesome for character design.

2 Likes

And left handed guitars are black… or… black. Meanwhile you can get a neon sparkle magenta righty guitar and that’s kk :pleading_face:

2 Likes

I laughed. The original Model T…“you can get it in any color you want, as long as it’s black”.

1 Like

They would need to redo a ton of animations, so it would be a big undertaking.

This is interesting as well. I’d never heard the theory/hyposthesis on this. Fascinating :metal:

ROFL, even the emote is as if youre looking at a righty.

2 Likes

right handed stuff is so… just… THERE. and the rest of us are like. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Truth lol. I’ll come across a fellow lefty and comment. Awesome you’re a lefty too, how’s it feel to rule the world? That and we know lefties are in their ‘right’ minds.

1 Like

its rare to meet others (at least for me) irl but there seems to be quite a few online in the places i frequent. it’s kinda nice. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Female undeads are left handed I believe

Link from the legend of Zelda, had mostly been left handed in most games. So there is some game representation or even tradition on it.

I do agree with this thread though, it adds more personality to your toon to choose your weapon hand.