Left behind by blizzard

Unbelievable its almost like a bait and switch. They need to temporarily open all transfers so that the people they told to wait for titles and rewards can now join their families.
#freegilly

1 Like

I’m guessing you put your pants on upside down at least three times a morning. It takes a special kind of brain power to suggest what you did.

1 Like

Blizzard burner account lol

Great day for pvp and achievement hunting, unfortunately Gilly isn’t able to do it with his friends - hopefully Blizzard can let him transfer

Go to the forums means: There’s nothing I can do but if you post on the forums you’ll stop bothering me and you’ll feel like you’re doing something but you’ll just be ignored there too.

Bumping this to say free my man Gilly #freeGillyc

1 Like

Hey wait a minute though! The Population Type, “Locked” means BLIZZARD is forcibly stopping you from creating characters on any realm with that label! Hold on, did the players put that lock on the server? Did they?

Probably in the upper 80%

Every single person I know has had to transfer once, twice, some even 3+ times.

I do not know how transfer cooldown still exists let alone it costing $25

The anger I feel at this situation is beyond my abilities to put into words

Free GillyC, let him play with his friends

bump FREE GILLY

Moral of the Story: Transfers aren’t a solution.
Stop legitimizing the ponzi scheme and start demanding Blizzard adopt a more active, constructive role in maintaing realm communities.

1 Like

Well, uncommon opinion about this but, players literally begged blizzard to not do anything to the servers because “mY cOmMuNiTy” or “mY iMmErIsIoN”. They also scuffed it off like the community would be able to do something about, which only one server ONE SERVER managed to do.

Now do I think Skyfury be the nexted balance option? Who knows. It’s not like we can see what server factions are like unless we look at some third-party site for a reference. You know, because the community “cares” about everyone. :woozy_face: But honestly, I blame the community more because of some artificial distain from the devs being able to do something. This was widely said by the “classic community”.

I honestly wish blizzard didn’t listen to the player base from the start, they should have made classic wow with a bunch of QoL changes. That wouldn’t really “ruin” the game.

#freegilly

Bumping to give an update. I have spoken to 2 GM’s since writing this post and both of them told me it was not possible to forcibly move my character past the restrictions the devs have in place and instead offered me a free transfer to my guilds new server when the restrictions are lifted. Unfortunately, the devs have said it may be “many months” before they unlock the servers so my wrath launch is ruined and the uncertainty around the timeline of when I will be able to join my guild has me reconsidering if I would even want to reactivate my sub at this point as I would be many months behind and the whole situation has left such a sour taste in my mouth.

The most frustrating thing about the whole situation is I do genuinely think the people from customer support want to help me and they are acknowledging that they have done wrong by offering my a free transfer down the road but they are not able to actually help me because their hands are tied by the developers who are the ones who put me into this situation with their lack of communication about locking the servers and about when to expect arena awards. If I had known I had to choose between playing the first few months of wrath with my friends and my arena title I would have chosen my guild without a doubt.

3 Likes

I really hope you find a good solution to this. Would be great if you could still xfer characters to a realm you have characters already on.

1 Like

The queues are gone on most servers now, hoping blizzard will do the right thing soon and unlock them so myself and many others can be reunited with their friends/guilds.

totally sickening that this hasnt been resolved… i also got a character locked to sulfuras i cant stomach playing there

Anyone here an Oracle RDBMS expert?

I’d assume (no expert) that character info is stored and managed by SQL/Oracle RDBMS and there are things (tech wise) that can be done about it?

What are the limitations the devs talk about that make solving OP’s issue impossible?

1 Like

I don’t get it… What’s wrong with Sulfuras?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.