Leave m+ alone

This. Let all avenues allow for reasonable gearing. Why have limits on raiding per week and gear lock out? If people want to run a raid a few times in a row, good on them?

It probably had to originally do with gate keeping gear progression so people couldn’t gear up fast, but these are new times.

Let’s let gear be less of a hassle

i just want wiggling toes

Yeah im really digging the fact i can que for fated lfr raids been fun lately :).

It was fine before you had to grind M+ to be relevant for a raid that’s tuned around it. All the signs point to this shift in raid tuning happening in Nighthold, which was the tier following the first ever M+ season. And participation followed suit in the tiers after that, because a lot of people who just want to raid couldn’t be bothered with the infinite grind called M+ anymore.

I would love to raid and completely ignore M+, but sadly that’s not a reality in the slightest.

1 Like

Nice to see more people finally getting on board with this.

I posted this back in February. That pre-dates Sepulcher, when things got far, far worse.

3 Likes

Here’s how you fix the Great Vault for progression raiding, btw.

Posted that in September of last year, btw.

To people saying “why don’t you ask for improvements to raid instead of nerfs to M+?”

We have been. For YEARS.

3 Likes

Let’s face it, the game is basically all about character progression, which means gear.

And raiding is FAR too stingy with the drops.
Say you wanted to gear up through raiding alone, you are a fresh level 60 so you go into LFR.
Even in LFR, gear drops are basically non-existent, you could spend months in there trying to gear up to go to the next level.

How are you supposed to stay motivated to keep raiding when you spend half the tier just trying to gear up through raiding?

Gearing on the lower end should be much faster if you want people to move up through raiding.

People shouldn’t HAVE to do M+ to get the gear they need to raid, it’s asking WAY too much time of the player.

2 Likes

I did a count at the end of week 2, this season:
20 Heroic raid bosses + 9 Mythic raid bosses
26 Mythic+ dungeons

Time spent:
raiding - 21 hours
Mythic+ - 13 hours, 6 minutes

From that:
wearing 3 pieces from raid (304 belt, 298 ring, 291 ring)
wearing 7 pieces from M+ (291 helm, 288 neck, 291 shoulders, 291 cloak, 304 chest, 298 weapon, 298 legs)

They are in no way comparable.

M+ gives twice the gear in half the time.

5 Likes

Their attempts to make raiding the focus of this game will be what kills it. They seem to want to die on this hill with Ion in charge. Increase the rewards, make normal mode less punishing, and allow players to upgrade a piece of gear from normal to mythic over time with a currency. I would at the very least do normal mode once a week if they made it convenient.

Finding a guild and progressing for hours to MAYBE get a piece of loot isn’t going to motivate me to raid.

3 Likes

Just up the raid drops and more people will do them.

1 Like

i’m just curious why you guys think low raid population is a bad thing i mean it’s all there ever to was do in the game for pve for how many yrs don’t you think many got flat out burnt out and just don’t wanna do it no matter what they do to raids? btw these mass unsubs that happen every expansion ain’t because of low raid population it’s cause of things. keys ain’t the problem raiding ain’t the problem all they gotta do is remove lockout on raids and let gear be upgradeable as key gear is it’s pretty simple let people who love to raid grind their hearts out same as people do with keys. we all know it ain’t going to end well if they screw key loot up or any raid loot nerfs ain’t a good thing lol and shadowlands start proved you wanna kill wow nerf loot then mass unsubbing and the always to late reverts when everyone done told blizz to piss off.

Blizzard thinks it’s fine because for top end guilds raiding smashes mythic+ in terms of loot, especially in season 4.

It’s just the 99% of guilds aren’t good enough to take advantage of how good the raid loot is because the raids are tuned so insanely hard.

I don’t think they’ll ever get parity unless they make mythic not drop gear and gear cap at heroic and mythic+ 15 since those are reasonably aligned in difficulty.

There are lots of things they could do to create parity.

But step 1 would be hiring people who raid.

1 Like

Just become a troll.

Putting gear behind the highest level of content is something unique to raiding

Mythic+ is being done WAY past where rewards stop.

PvP rating is WAY past where gear stops.

Maybe it’s time raiding follows suit and caps gear at heroic.

2 Likes

Idk m+ is pretty absurd.

25ish mythic kills so far… 0 gear I can equip. But 2 weeks in was full 298 gear in m+ and great m+ vault options lol

Bit too strong but would be easy enough to just cap m+ at like 294 or something instead of 298 heroic endboss loot level.

2 Likes

Blizzard will destroy gear acquisition from pvp and M+ before they ever think of buffing raid drops . There is no win

Make raiding worth people’s time and they will do it.
Remove the weekly lockout, M+ doesn’t have it, neither should raiding, If I want to run a wing every night, all week long I should be able to.

And up the gear drops by a lot, again, make it worth our time in there, it feels really bad to clear an entire tier and have nothing to show for it but the vault.

You really think I’m gonna clear the raid on LFR, get nothing, and say “oh boy, let me go do it on normal now”?

No, I’m gonna say “LFR wasted enough of my time this week, raiding sucks, I’ll go do something else”

It doesn’t have to be this way.

2 Likes

I agree with this.

Taking this farther, I believe that end game gear should have their own set bonuses. That way, Mythic plus gear bonuses only work in Mythic plus and Raid sets only work in raids. Same with PvP and open world sets.

People will complain they have to carry around too much gear. That could be solved if Blizzard would create gear loadouts that save the gear into a different tab, instead of into our regular bags.

2 Likes

When you get 1 piece of loot per 11 bosses in a 6 hour window. Especially when it’s not an upgrade. That feels terrible. It makes people not even want to play the game.

wiggles toes

2 Likes