Learning to Tank is so much nicer in FF14

I wholeheartedly agree I was a tank in wow for close to 10 years and left for ff14 the day after classic tbc launched and haven’t touched wow since.

I’m literally only here to check if sylvanis is dead yet lol

1 Like

You…you don’t need a sub for that my guy. Just go on YouTube or wowhead.

From the reviews, very few content creators for ffxiv have expressed such. It is a very casual game. No matter how much you cry on wow forums about ffxiv…is going to change that. Sorry bud.

Basically everything you said has been addressed 10 fold. It’s up to you to read through and not post already answered questions. I’m not starting another thing with yet another ffxiv person…who does not answer valid questions, sorry.

This is the wow forums…You’re singing the praises of another mmo that has probably 1/30th the player base, on the wow forums…for some odd reason you don’t see the absurdity. Thankfully there are very few like you.

Well, now you’re kind of posting contradictory information because the number of active players in FF14 has currently eclipsed WoW.

Could call it the seasonal rise and fall of those players that float between games, but currently there’s a significant spike in popularity in one, while the other is noticeably dropping to the point my Google feed keeps reminding me that WoW is currently in a really bad state.

1 Like

Asmongold is the reason you are on here talking about ffxiv. The playerbase for ffxiv is very small, very few content creators. It’s boring to play as it is to watch. Same goes for you as the other fella.

You’re on wow forums desperately trying yo convince wow players ffxiv is good, it’s not. Wow players are not on ffxiv forums doing the same, you are the minority. Very few ppl play ffxiv, there are many reason for that and no amount of crying on another mmos forums will change it. Sorry bud.

At least in FF14 people are way nicer.

In WoW I’ve tried tanking over 10 times and every time I’ve been told to commit toaster bath or they hope my future children get cancer.

So yeah.

1 Like

This is 100% incorrect information. Your Google feed has nothing to do with facts… There are several sites that provide this information and it is up to you to educate yourself. Our server is packed, LFG is packed, near instant pvp queues. Stop spewing misinformation and looking for attention, thanks bud.

There is thousands upon thousands in guilds doing the total opposite. Because you are unable to form friendships in game or communicate effectively is on you. Person #4 who is singing ffxiv praises yet is on wow forums. So odd lmao.

Not so much as a PUGger TBH. I tried playing Brewmaster and I was trying to communicate but every time I tried tanking I kept getting told I should uninstall the game.

Yeah, them telling me I should uninstall the game, commit suicide, or hope my future is bad is SO TOTALLY my fault…

2 Likes

You’re talking about something that has happened since chat rooms were created lmao. Welcome to the internet. The vast majority have no issues, overlook the negatives and enjoy the game.

So being on the internet justifies their bullying, okay cool…

2 Likes

Yeah, all of them say that FF14 has more people logging in instead of just having an active sub while being offline. I wonder if the 6-month subscription thing is a reason for that. In terms of time played metric, FF14 pulls ahead to the point they even interviewed the head developer after coming to the knowledge that FF14 has surpassed WoW’s current, actively-logging on population.

I’m not saying this in praised of FF14, but more out of concern that WoW isn’t doing as good as it should. My guild, which has been doing AotC raiding for several expansions now, is reaching that point where guildmates are letting subs lapse and not because of real world stuff like before but simply out of the interest in the game dying out.

It’s called being a realist and looking at all of the information instead of cherry picking. Between the two games, most of the things WoW put out, tons of grinds that take forever (Looking at you, Catalogue Research) with little progress, the raid has some good encounters and some mediocre ones, the story is suffering…

And in terms of player toxicity, vocal WoW players attack people who give criticism and ignore the writing on the wall. FF14 players acknowledge the faults and take everything with a grain of salt.

To add to it, it becomes memes with how bad some of the stuff in FF14 is:

2 Likes

Oh hey your back, I though you gave up on debating us. And you can’t just follow the reviews of a few content creators, they are human and biased towards one way or another. But you do you…but your basing all this in your ARR experience, not the post-ARR experience that has made the game way better.

Also, never forget the IGN writer who wrote for Pokemon Sapphire “Too much water”…these are the same people your listening to - people with biases and agenda.

If you were truly a fair person, you’d judge the game based on the current experience and from your own, not 4 years ago or reviewers who are also people and can’t speak for how you would like it.

2 Likes

LOL Wow you are full of it.

I’ve been playing FFXIV since 2.0. I’ve played WoW since Wrath. Both games have their strengths and weaknesses. FFXIV IS a good game. And you are a troll. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Insanely incorrect.

Again…question unanswered and incorrect.

There is no debate. Facts don’t lie.

Just ignore him, he’s a very bored troll who knows no limits.

1 Like

Literally every source if you search “FFXIV vs WoW” has FFXIV on top of WoW on Active players as of two months ago. At first by a small amount (30k) in June to now having more than 700k active players over WoW with the mmo-population site.

Educate yourself. WoW is currently in the worst state it’s ever been in and the lawsuit situation took a bad situation and made it worse.

1 Like