Leakmas/future content discussion (Spoilers!)

It’s been two and a half expansions of real-time mission tables being part of actual story content and it really does destroy me.

In fact, here’s a safe bet for whatever the next expansion is: mission tables, time gated content, and obnoxious rep grinding. I don’t know if we’re due for a new form of dailies yet or if wqs will stay.

also free me from the horde, i’ll wear blue contacts

2 Likes

I must admit i don’t even read them most of the time. I didn’t even know there was a siege of the Great Gate. What a stupid way to present such interesting lore.

not only was the alliance besieging mulgore, but they actually controlled most of the barrens, cutting off thunder bluff and ogrimmar and the crossroads continually changing hands as the centerpoint of the region

i would love to play that, but blizzard would rather i rescue baine instead. :T

5 Likes

Talking of the comparison to WoD…

It’s been said a good few times now that WoW seems to alternate good and bad expansions. Has anyone else noticed that the bad ones are getting progressively worse?

Cataclysm was pretty dumb. Warlords of Draenor was almost offensively dumb. Battle for Azeroth is definitely offensively dumb, and also just plain offensive in multiple directions.

At this point I have only a tentative hanging thread of optimism for the next expac holding up a huge weight of abject terror of the one after that.

4 Likes

…it definitely seems that way, now that you mention it.

I’ve long wondered about the “A Team, B Team” stuff, but I tend to lean more toward the “Blizzard gets lazy + arrogant after a success” theory Enekie has put forward.

2 Likes

Don’t worry they’re not canon! Lmao

Even consider Vanilla being “the good” and TBC being the first “bad”…As much I loved it, we DID
travel to a torn planet floating in the nether, or space, and we didn’t even bring any giant mushrooms back.

Vanilla — fantasy world
TBC - Space Cowboy
Wrath — “we’ve been waiting for this”
Cata — a giant dragon destroys the world except no it doesn’t!
MoP — (some of us) have been waiting for this
WoD — the creators treat us to a 10-course meal of self-indulgent absurdity
Legion — pretty good :thinking:
BfA — but what is genocide, really?

:raised_hands:t3: :raised_hands:t3: :raised_hands:t3:

3 Likes

I don’t like this…

The Orcs will never forgive the Alliance for revisiting the Barrens without destroying Taurajo again.

2 Likes

My father’s son’s brother’s cousin’s father works at blizzard as a janitor and he has leaked the upcoming plot to me. no he couldn’t provide pictures because if he could they would all be tilted at a 45 degree angle and very very blurry you just gotta trust me

nzoth will raid kul tiras and corrupt jaina proudmoore we have to fight her in big raid every leader stops every few minutes to do "What are really fighting for . … … . … . . this war is terrible, peace is the only option……… … … . . " dialogue
talanji will redeem jaina and become her wife
thrall dies protecting saurfang who dies protecting baiene who goes to fight sylvanas but sylvanas reveals herself to be good all along
it turns out slyvanas knew from the beginning that the old gods were the real threat and so she carefully orchestrated all of the events with ghost vol’jin’s help, burning down Teldrassil deliberately to get an army of wisps to heal the wound in Azeorth, which she totally forsaw and knew was coming
anduin forgives her and together they kiss and do a fusion, the first of a new kind of magic system in wow, creating the god-king Andanas, a four limbed four eyed giant who is vertically split down the middle, with one half being alive and the other half being dead

mechagnome neuttrall allied race vulpera for alliance sethrak for horde

3 Likes

As a resident animated corpse I propose a solution that shall solve the war and make a white peace (far as it could happen, lmao) for everybody: Power generation.

But me in a casket and link me up to a crank device. Everytime it completes a circuit power is fed into a global azeroth system.

Then tell me that Blizzard is making an Undead Nelf allied race for the Forsaken.

(Wowhead speculated this. I dread it. I don’t like Undead Nelves.)

Is it weird that I genuinely liked Cataclysm?

2 Likes

Undead night elves before undead blood/high elves would be wild, so I actually think that could happen.

Vol’Jin is the Jimmy Carter of Warchiefs. I’ll fight anyone.

If you played Horde back then, there was a lot to like, since your feelings, experiences and ideas were prioritized.

If you played Alliance back then, then yes, it is weird.

1 Like

Yeah, Cataclysm was a very tough time if you played Alliance. And that promised ‘fist bump’ moment that they strung us along with was laughable. Good to know things haven’t changed.

Yeah, Cataclysm was absolutely miserable on the Alliance side of things.

Anyway, no leak has yet to mention star elf vampyres (half~) so the truth is still potentially out there!

Nelf San’layn because Sylvanas can do that, too.

“I’m making your Holiday boss and it finally drops a permanent broom mount.” - Sylvanas (how she is redeemed)

3 Likes

Punkrat made an entertaining video that shows an aspect of WoW and its evolution over the years. And perhaps its dip in quality.