Leakmas/future content discussion (Spoilers!)

It seems even cesspools have their heroes.

1 Like

Ok so Blizz is leakier than I thought. Still though! Both of those were within a week of the actual announcement, and the earliest possible date we’re getting a new expac announcement would be at Blizzcon like 2 months from now, and probably not even then. And and umm oh gosh I need more excuses to dismiss Shadowlands I don’t want to be a ghost don’t let it get this dumb

You see Nathanos looked a little upset kind of in the right light maybe.

That was before 800 employees had been fired and replaced with contractors, though.

1 Like

I mean I know that somewhere, somehow, there’s going to be a contrarian. But… …

It’s like how do you explain to someone that a burning car is not working as intended and is not a fun drive.

1 Like

“Fire hurts. Fire kills. Do you want to be in pain and die from fire?”

1 Like

You think you want a car that’s not on fire, but you don’t.

4 Likes

I guess if the leak does turn out to be mostly true, I just hope that uhh… certain details aren’t.

Like, I don’t really have a problem with a tinker class, adventuring in a weird spirit realm, and visiting the Dragon Isles. That stuff sounds kinda cool actually. I just think that making “the shadowlands” a literal afterlife that people can enter and leave at will, bringing back old dead characters, and making death a narrative non-issue is really dumb. As is making Sylvanas a secret good guy who was just pretending to be evil.

1 Like

We’re all hoping. But hope is sand and experience is stone. You can only build on one of them.

Considering how much of their MO since WoD has just been “Remember these guys? Huh? Remember? Remember? Remember? Remember WarCraft 3? Remember Classic?” I just wouldn’t put it past a “Shadowlands” expansion to be nothing but cameos the same way Uldum was nothing but pop culture references.

Saves them from having to actually expand their roster at all and show effort.

Actually… hm. Looking over these past leaks, there’s a noticeable pattern to them.

1. Not one of them was accompanied by a screenshot or any sort of visual evidence.
  2. They were fairly low-key, being posted at odd hours or in odd places.
  3. Perhaps most importantly, they were all leaked fairly close to the actual announcement.

Noticing this has left me less inclined to believe in the Shadowlands stuff.

Leaks suck, is the closest thing to a more on topic thought I could provide.

Like, if for some wild reason Blizzard was going to not fully announce any expansion or something, I would be a whole lot more invested in learning about features it would have over time than sitting through months and months of speculation based on random, oft nonsensical cryptid posts and then having all of those confirmed and treated with any sort of dignity.

I seem to remember Cata leaking too and it being dismissed as crazy (I seem to remember people taking the most umbrage with the new class combos and Garrosh as Warchief)

The Age of Awakening one looks better than Shadowlands. I know nothing about it except it’s probably titan-oriented, and that makes it better.

Kind of hope it’s real. Hope we go back to Northrend… Also, remember the NPC in the Chamber of Heart that said the names of a bunch of titan facilities including ones we had never heard of? Maybe that will come up again.

1 Like

My prediction:

It will be Shadowlands. Stormwind WILL be attacked. The rest of the leak is nonsense.

I’ve got no real grounds for that, but I feel like Shadowlands and Stormwind are foreshadowed. I don’t think we’re all going to die. And I certainly don’t think Sylvanas is a hero.

I think Stormwind will be sacked and we will enter the Shadowlands but not because we will die. Though I absolutely believe we will end up with some form of obnoxious kerrigan-eque arc for Sylvanas.

1 Like

I fear it. I feverently hope it doesn’t happen. Trying to be optimistic, but… not sure.

I do know one thing for sure - no matter how the game tries to present it, the vast majority of my toons will never forgive Sylvanas for Teldrassil.

Sarestha used to idolize Sylvanas, so she COULD be convinced. MAYBE. I think not though - she’s got enough sensible friends to talk her out of it, IC.

1 Like

This whole leaked storyline reeks of a worse written Shadowbringers. One could say this is “World of WarCraft: Shadowlanders”

Put together some info on the 4chan 8.4 leak for y’all:

Shadowlands is a joke slash red herring, and they’re discussing releasing more fake leaks.

In 8.2.5:

The Wrathion questline will involve Magni (of course), Chromie (who will be the one to actually track down Wrathion), and Sabellian (who has been captured by the Red Dragonflight and is being held prisoner at the Obsidian Sanctum), and will end with Magni and Ra-den summoning Algalon to the Chamber of the Heart to discuss Azeroth’s current predicament. Over the course of the questline you’ll visit the Halls of Origination, some of the dragon Sanctums, and the Eye of Eternity.

A “Scarlet Brotherhood” questline will be added that involves Calia, Derek, and Uther’s Tomb.

The Horde rebellion will begin in earnest, with fighting in Durotar, the Barrens, and Mulgore. The Alliance will be too busy dealing with things on their front to offer the Horde rebels any aid, as Stormwind will be attacked at some point. A big cinematic will take place at the gates of Orgrimmar, “something huge (like Wrathgate)”, and Sylvanas and her loyalists will be forced out of the city.

8.3:

Dragon Isles added as a zone along the lines of the Timeless Isles or Mechagon, along with a mini-raid like the Crucible of Storms. There we’ll meet the White Dragonflight (lol), who have a “direct” connection to Elune, and who have been mostly slumbering up until this point. Dragon and dragonspawn models will be updated.

8.3.5:

Vulpera and Mechagnomes added as allied races. Gelbin will be healed and have a big role in the Mechagnome questline, whereas Gallywix and the Bilgewater Cartel will be involved in the Vulpera questline in some capacity.

Undercity will make a comeback as the final raid of the expansion, with Thrall, Jaina, and Nathanos all having prominent roles in the story surrounding it. Sylvanas and Calia will have some sort of confrontation.

Drek’thar and Rehgar will work together to recover Doomhammer in a side questline.

Bwonsamdi’s true origin will be revealed.

8.4 is planned and they might fold some content from 8.3.5 into it, namely the Undercity raid, but it’s still being discussed.

Other than that, don’t expect a 9.0 announcement at BlizzCon, and the team working on Classic is very, very happy with how things are playing out.

1 Like

Darn it I’m late to the party. But just as an interesting side note,

Is it just me or does Kul Tiras in that picture look like actual Kul Tiras minus the sea in the middle? And Kezan looks like Zandalar, even with the watery marshy Necropolis area in Nazmir.