Lead Design : Bring back Jeff Kaplan

1 Like

I’d take that bet and give you odds. Nobody was asking for Greg Street to come back.

My stars… Did you have to clutch your pearls and push down your skirt when you heard it?

I think you trying to point out that I don’t like something currently and somehow that invalidated because I bought the expansion (again, which I would refund today if they told me it would be BfA 2.0) and then you’re on defending Shadowlands and reasons why people should purchase it, the contrast to its current content and future featured content is somewhat hypocritical. Also, you sitting there and criticizing somebody who may not share the same viewpoints as others but conveys them to the community regardless is just pompous.

Thanks for making my point.

1 Like

Heck no. He’s the reason I left OW for good.

They definitely aren’t using any feedback that I’ve seen, on any online platform. I don’t care if my feedback is or is not used, but the fact remains that they’ve dug themselves into a messy hole with their attitudes regarding development. Mine aren’t game changing, and my ideas and feedback could just not be used at all. That’s fine, I play the game they make. But the game itself has a fundamental system problem that they’re doubling down on, and regardless, there are serious problems that they seemingly don’t even want to address.

3 Likes

Ok so 550 people don’t like him.

Neat.

1 Like

Those all look like somebodies.

1 Like

He killed Mercy. No, he can stay the flux over there.

1 Like

Lol imagine only having 5 month radio silence with wow

One man can’t change the direction of this company at this point.

Perhaps their data shows that what you think are problems aren’t actually problems. Just because you don’t like something doesn’t mean that something is bad. There are a lot of players who seem to have a problem with their own egos. Our opinions of how the game is, aren’t facts.

See, and I wish that was the case. But no one can look at the game and honestly say it’s doing well compared to even as recently as Legion. People in and out of game are apathetic to a lot of the content.

I genuinely do not believe their numbers are showing them anything good, but it’s all speculation because I have no insight.

2 Likes

They are spinning to investors the resubs they have. The gut punch with be, first, second and third reports due to retention. The spin from there will be fourth quarter release.

I have my doubts on retention with classic and if the grumblings around the campfire I frequent are similar to a majority of consensus with the Live version, blizzard will hemorrhage any gains that they made… or won’t… who cares.

I don’t think average players come to the forums anyway.

No body? A search on the forums would suffice with people wanting GC back. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I think somewhere, in the soup of ether and responses, I spoke about having direct conversations with Ghostcrawler about the BC/Wrath warrior and MM/SV hunter in Wrath.

Not to put Ion down, or monkeys… but I guess if you could have a monkey communicate the rational of it’s decision, that would be a step above what we have. I can’t FAULT people for having an opinion on whom they thought has done a better job. That’s subjective and would be as if I argued with somebody who likes strawberry ice cream over chocolate.

The problem is if you read the only communication he had done with a website called Millenium seems to contradict himself in regards to the essence. An odd choice to vocalize his thought process but… none the less…

At its core, when it comes to the question of what is account-bound versus what is character-specific, the line that we’ve always drawn is that access to content is something that we had to unlock across an entire account.

When you unlock access to world quests, islands, Siege of Boralus as a dungeon — that’s something that all your characters can jump in and do. We don’t want to force you, the player, to have to go through the same process of unlocking access to content.

But power, and Essences at the end of the day — when you’re getting them by defeating a raid boss, clearing a Mythic+, buying them off a vendor after earning the currency to obtain them — they’re not that different to trinkets, items, or things like the Legendary ring or cloak we’ve had in the past. They’re core player power.

So here he gives some reason of his thought process. So why give new players the level 50 neck? Isn’t that a contradiction? but, he continues

“Our current plan is more or less what players have seen on the PTR for Visions of N’Zoth . We have reduced the requirements for obtaining many of the older Essences that came from Rise of Azshara”

Ok, so he acknowledges reducing the requirements to obtain them… and then say this…

Now, without question we’ve heard player feedback and concerns about the way this system has played out, and that it can feel like a barrier to playing alts for many, and we agree

Wait what?! You agree it’s a barrier for alts? Then this mind blower acknowledging its a bad idea in the future.

So, that’s something we’re looking at — acquisition rates overall, and tuning there — and certainly the lessons learned from this are going to inform how we design any such system in the future.

So we KNOW it’s a bad thing but we’re going to do it anyhow? …and finally

“But account-wide Essences are not on the table for Visions of N’Zoth.”

At the end of the day that essences are a feature of the expansion, not like trinkets or weapons. I think it’s silly that your alt is forced to find raid groups in the Eternal Palace for 3 weeks or w.e for full clears just to get Condensed Life-Force or level all 3 Nazjatar friends to rank 15 so you can have rank 3 Lucid dreams. Feels bad.

Side note, is it me or is it annoying you’re doing a quote to a person and the forums autodelete the quote?

Rob Pardo is, imo, the only one who could turn it around(and he would need a couple years at least). Also, the current creative director not being Metzen has been horrific as well. You would need to gut HR and then move a lot of people currently on the team to other projects to get their hands off it(pretty much the entire writing staff as well).

I agree make Jeff lead on WoW would be great to have one to the originals back in control of the game. Let Ion have Overwatch.

1 Like

No, thanks. Kaplan is just as incompetent as the rest of them.

3 Likes

OP theres a gaming company called Con artist games the man that owns it makes games for FB and even though their entire staff is made of just 6 people the lead dev guy actually finds time to create content and still makes an appearance on their official forums every freaking day and yet Watcher cant find time in his busy schedule to drop in?

GC made the time and effort every so often and that just shows what they have that watcher doesn’t INTEGRETY he could learn a lot about being a leader from either one of those two

1 Like

Ya, there is a gaming company called Riot Games - Those devs from League of Legends often hold open Q&A’s with there player base. Try to make the game better for those who have suggestions or criticisms. They make game the for people who buy their created content and since they’re not publicly traded, they don’t care what “shareholders” want. Go figure.