Layers Added to Realms -- Updated 2:00 p.m. PDT June 5

There are tons of bots and multiboxers on both of these servers. That is clearly the real issue here but Blizzard will continue to turn a blind-eye in the name of profit. Small indie company btw.

5 Likes

It’s because those realms have a lot of raid loggers. All those raiders usually raid around the same peak hours. It becomes a battle of who can log on remotely 2-4 hours ahead of schedule and hold a spot.

Layers must permanently stay on Herod and Whitemane until life goes back to normal and people go back to work. Or at least until Shadowlands comes out.

You can bash your head against this all you want, or you can ban people who are idling (which will not end well for anyone involved), or you can do the right thing and leave layers on until player activity naturally dies down.

the way i see it is, if you dont get in on time. too bad

2 Likes

Hi Kavix,

My friends and I have played Horde throughout our WoW experience. We didn’t know how many people would participate in PvP by faction.

I just would like to play the game with my friends, and the AV queue is prohibitive to do so. I’ve had up to a 3 hour queue if not queuing for anything else, which makes it difficult to play PvP in game. If I do opt to queue for another BG in my limited play time, the AV wait can be up to 6 hours.

Please add Merc Mode to drop queues so we can play together, since we are applying non-vanilla changes to facilitate avoiding queues, please consider this as well.

If it’s permanently, there is no “until.” The word you’re looking for is indefinitely.

Frankly, I wish Blizzard would implement layering permanently. They clearly have no intention of doing anything else to actually solve the problem, and the reason we “need” layering isn’t going away any time soon.

Obviously I’d rather we don’t have layering at all, but it’d be better than this constant on-off nonsense they keep doing. I don’t like not knowing if I’ll have to worry about this terrible feature next week.

Obviously you don’t understand the constraints of people who have actual lives. You’re either working from home and have the luxury of logging in three or four hours before raid time, or you’re entirely unemployed and have the same luxury.

Not all of us are NEETs, my guy.

5 Likes

where’s faerlina’s layers, we have ques too

1 Like

Play on a different realm, then?

Not sure why the game has to be ruined because you’re too impatient to wait in line and unwilling to play on a different realm.

1 Like

i work 3-4 long work days a week and log in early from my phone. never have issues. Your crying because your on the wrong server. Queues were a thing back in the day too.

4 Likes

I dont mind playing on a different realm, but the 3/4 other guilds I play with dont want to move, and I have friends there. Not being able to play with friends, that I do mind.

Also, queue’s back in the day weren’t as ridiculous as they are now.

You could play on unlayered realms too

I assure you the dead servers will never see layers again. Go knock yourself out

2 Likes

The game is not ruined by layers. You are free to transfer to another server if you don’t like layers. Bye!

6 Likes

Lot of bots on Herod as well, you sell more gold with more people, so the bigger the playerbase, the larger the bot population.

Classic is meant to be a faithful recreation of the original World of Warcraft.

Layering did not exist in the original World of Warcraft. So, yes, actually, layering does ruin the game. Nice try, though.

5 Likes

blizzard even said they wouldnt put them back in after the launch. cant trust a word they say.

No.

1 Like

15k ppl in a one server didnt exist either. That is a change with in it self. You are just delusional thinking you can live in the past.

3 Likes

They didn’t say that, sadly.

Reread some of the quotes. They use an awful lot of lawyer speak to avoid being held to account for things like this.

Play on a different realm then if you don’t like layers?

When I rolled on Whitemane on day 1 when Classic launched, it’s not like I anticipated there was going to be a world-wide pandemic in 2020 and a botting problem. Telling someone to transfer off because of factors that are not their fault is such a dumb response.

3 Likes

A change that should be undone. I appreciate your attempt.

1 Like