Layering - What am I missing?

I know exactly what layering is and how it works… like I said I did it like a half dozen times on different characters at various times some where at what are traditionally slow hours and never went far without seeing people.

People when they are in the “I want to level mode” are going to take the path of least resistance.

Did you play on a pvp server back in vanilla? The ganking could be really nasty. After the 4th or so corpse run, people are not going to go to world chat and ask for help, they are going to go to their friends’ list to find another layer.

2 Likes

Wait you mean people don’t actually like wpvp, they just like ganking, shocking…

Then they invite you and ta dah you are in the pvp layer…

3 Likes

You can claim that but it doesn’t make it true.

Microeconomics - the creation of resources vs the deletion of resources.

1 layer supports 3,000 players worth of microeconomics.
Each layer adds still supports 3,000 players worth of microeconomics.

Layering does not add the ability to create more resources than the economy can support.

That is what CRZ did. Layering is not doing the same thing.

3 Likes

Mostly Chicken Little syndrome.

2 Likes

Dang it. I read that as chicken soup. . Now I am hungry again!!!

1 Like

heheh. Making Chicken and Dumplings for dinner tonight using a crockpot.

1 Like

https://clips.twitch.tv/PatientGloriousMomTBTacoRight

Here we have gathering resources via layering, working as intended.

Unless you wanted to show up and play without being in a party. Or someone decided they had enough after killing you 3 times and poof, they leave your layer without you getting vengeance.

I see why layering is important to prevent malicious overpopulation like 500 people looking for one named quest mob. Or more importantly to prevent server crashes from too many players in a single zone. I don’t have a problem with layering for the first week or maybe two. But my red flag is that I don’t trust Blizzard to actually remove layering. Instead they might be prone to tell us that its a good thing and that the players love it.

5 Likes

We know Keylow. . and use the code thingy above so you dont have to split the url. . makes it much more likely people will click it.

1 Like

Ganking leads to pvp. Bring 5, we bring 10 and so on.

1 Like

I cant even come up with a world where a place that splits people up is the same as a single version with everyone on it. The only thing that it would have in common is the total number of people.

Do you fundamentally think that a 2 lane high way is the same as a 10 lane highway? Because your telling me they are simply because they are roads.

1 Like

admittedly, I wasn’t thinking of all the people who’ll be level 60 before phase 1 is over using up the stuff that the high level people farm via. layer-hopping at about three times the speed that they’d get it before
but after phase 1 is over, there’ll only be 3000 people at the most to use what remains, and those 6000 people who won’t be there were probably tourists and weren’t even gonna hit level 40 anyway

maybe the only problem is people getting ahead getting alot further ahead than before, then

Oh if only highways would be the system.

But, since you went there. 10 lane highway can not be exploited by changing to a different lane. As long as low traffic lanes are removed.

2 lanes worth of traffic and 8 empty lanes, sure
10 lanes worth of traffic with no empty lane, all the lanes are similar traffic.

1 Like

Lets say 1 server, 3000 people, 100 of those people hit 60 asap. That’s 100 people farming free reign from 1 servers worth of resources.

Add a layer doesn’t give another layers worth for those 100 players to farm. It gives another layer of resources PLUS another 100 players worth of competition.

People try to exploit traffic all the time by merging into lanes and cutting people off. Some even push the limits and use shoulders to pass.

According to you, it leads to people giving up and trying to switch layers.

Which is it?

They do that in 10 lane highways and 2 lane highways all the same.

1 Like