Layering - What am I missing?

If layering will only be for a very limited time, why is it such a point of contention?

If there are some people who abuse layering for the short time it’s present, will it really have an impact on the entirety of the game for all other players?

Should it bother me that a small group of players will get an advantage, for the first few days or weeks, that I don’t? Won’t I eventually get what and where I want with my toon anyway?

What am I missing?

9 Likes

Bragging rights of being one of the first ones to log in…:confused:

1 Like

Its abuse can cause some discrepancies with things like chests but if somebody is abusing layering in classic during its short time period then hopefully a right click report of unintended game mechanics to increase your own personal gain is definitely banstick worthy

4 Likes

Its because people can only see the nagative to layering. Never the possitive. People’s logic with layering is: “if it can be abused: everyone but me will abuse it”

23 Likes

Now we have to prove to you why accepting abuse in a multiplayer game is unacceptable? Wow.

3 Likes

Some of us want to play with and against the same group of people while we level up.

16 Likes

What you are missing is this: most of the people on this forum are bat crap crazy. They can’t accept that layering is a good thing.

19 Likes

Everyone is going to rush to get their arena grand master with the layering exploit before its over which is really funny because Blizzard said they didn’t want people rushing for anything at launch when they said they wouldn’t allow unarmored mounts for a limited time…

5 Likes

People are mostly worried about what it could do to the economy. While this is not entierly unfounded fear, as there are other ways to make money in the game some FAR better. It stems from an unfairness of people who have more time to invest and farm those mats across all layers.

Thus the idea that people can get an advantage of a larger proportion is fundamentally unfair. This mixed with some ways to avoid people, such that your being ganked and can be layered off irritate people and not in total spirit of what Vanilla was.

2 Likes

No one has to prove anything.

I just don’t see what the big deal is. Some folks will abuse stuff. How does that affect the progression of my toon?

Will I not be able do any of the things I would do if layering didn’t exist?

I don’t care what other players do if it doesn’t affect me which is why I’m asking; how does this affect me?

3 Likes

If you don’t use the auction house, don’t pvp, don’t group with other players or don’t care about socializing or doing content with people you’ve met in the game world, it won’t effect you directly, but it will indirectly effect you if and when people quit because of it, in which case the game could be closed down, hypothetically speaking, you may say it’s to early to tell but I suppose we will see when the time comes. That’s all I’ve got for your particular scenario. So to summarize in the short term if you are playing the game like you do in BFA it won’t effect you, long term, it probably will but only indirectly.

3 Likes

Hey now!!!

I am bat guano crazy thank you!!!

1 Like

In my opinion part of the launch experience was fighting for mobs. And the crashing. And the massive amount of people in zones. Idk I’d rather have the insanity then get put on a layer where I only encounter 4 people. I logged onto stress test server 15 (high pop) ran from gnome start zone at level 1 all the way to stormwind via tram. Saw 6 players. 6… From ironforge and stormwind.

8 Likes

Seriousness of the accusation outweighs the reality of the facts, some people fear the possible no matter how improbable it may be.

That or they are justifying their intent to play a pserver.

2 Likes

Thanks Fellina, that’s informative and makes sense.

Do you think any advantage people will get from abusing this will be short lived?

Won’t it, in a few months, have leveled out?

It seems like I’ll still be able to level my toon, max professions, earn gold, etc…just as much as I ever could regardless of whether someone else has done it faster or has more of it than I do.

You can still use the ah to sell or buy or not use it at all. You can use still socilize with people and do quests, instances, and geneal banter. You can still pvp both in the world and in BGs.

Not sure why you think those things magically dont exist with layering.

Yep, well not everyone, just the deranged. They will get there and see a crowd already there. Then try to layer hop only to see yet another crowd.

PvP will be happening on every layer. - working as intended.

It will be a blood bath and only 1 chest per layer per 3 hours will be looted.

1 Like

Seeing the entire community every time you log in.

9 Likes

This is what I was thinking and why I don’t understand why it’s so controversial, especially when it will be for so short a time.

Disagree - For example, if people can avoid the group of horde that shutdown Redridge (by changing layers) instead of getting people together to fight them they will.

10 Likes