Layering sucks even if its just P1 (Video Proof)

Eagle is undead…he has no skin.

Going to wait a month. If it is in, I will wait another. I am in no rush to 60.

“gonna take time” ? They’ve been working on this for 2+ years and now they are down to 3 months.

3 Likes

" WoW Classic is built using patch 1.12 , titled Drums of War, that released on August 22, 2006. The reason for this specific patch , Blizzard has said, is because this patch represents the vanilla version of WoW at its most feature-complete, stable, and well balanced."

Fairly sure its not 1.13. Correct me if I’m wrong with a source.

1 Like

Alright then.

1 Like

Wow. Just wow. Seriously cloud computing is the only viable way to release a system to this many users (>200k). The test is to see how much they need to set the threshold . AWS does this through Elastic servers. Azure calls it something different. Blizzard calls it layering and it is very necessary. :v:

1 Like

Yes that’s what its built upon but the official patch number of Classic is 1.13, I’ll try and track down a SS, but anyone with Beta or Stress test access can verify.

183 votes and 111 comments so far on Reddit

oh wow, score one for the new forums, its now new forums 1 old forums 50000000000

4 Likes

Stud is right. Remember this is classic…vanilla 1.12.1 with changes on top to make it act like 1.12 so it has to be 1.13.

2 Likes

Verified. Going to the login for the stress test says 1.13.2

2 Likes

Alright, I stand corrected, thank you.

1 Like

its a rare thing that i am actually right:O)

1 Like

lol…bookmark this thread so you can link it in the future with “see, I was right”.

2 Likes

Yeah you’re definitely right. There have been plenty of bugs every single expansion. I’m just saying I don’t think this was something intentional.

lol yah, score one for me:O)

speak for yourself.

I’ve been through enough expansion launch /game launch with so many players the game was unplayable. more servers only means they’ll get merged later on (hopefully). layering simply automatize that process; you don’t have to wait until blizz decide it’s time to merge them.

I want layering, I want sharding.

1 Like

Who wants to take my bet? This layering or sharding, whatever it makes no difference, will make it to launch. As soon as this happens to players who have actually played vanilla, they will just uninstall. Going to be a lot of people, probably thousands that do this I bet. Any takers?

1 Like

I wonder how a certain night elf druid who constantly shills for the Classic dev team no matter what is going to defend this.

Solution: No layering at all. Just let the Classic server launch go with more servers than originally planned and later on merge the low pop ones. More expensive maybe but far less game breaking for the community. They will more than make their $$ back thanks to satisfying their customers by not ruining the community.

3 Likes

You talking about eloraell or whatever their name is? That peson has more forum time than I have play time on retail…

pretty poor shill as much as he dislikes Current WoW, and that was obviously a bug with the new tech that I hope got reported.