#LayerArugal - Please

Based on their extensive queue times, it is.

Something else i’ve thought of, perceived scarcity when there really wouldn’t be any actual scarcity if people remained calm.

Lets take a moment to consider that despite the queues during the 10 hour war, that Blizzard is right and that the average populations made it applicable to remove the 2nd layer from Arugal. The announcement based on previous experience causes players on Arugal to value their time on WoW much more preciously, because with only 1 layer, and knowledge of previous queues, they better make sure that they get what they want done in the time they’re on.

No longer can someone whom is online safely say ‘nah, I’ll do that tomorrow, I’ve played enough for now’ and log out, because when they try to get on tomorrow, they might not be able to log in for queues.

In essence, removal of layers is actually increasing player activity on the server. This means that more people are online for longer, which means there’s less space, which means bigger queues, which means people value their time online even more, which leads them to stay on for even longer in a self-fueling cycle.

This is a problem with Data; it’s cold, logical and rigid, and doesn’t take into account that while a person can be smart and logical, humanity as a whole are dumb, panicky animals, and fear of missing out tends to override what data might have been saying for months.

4 Likes

Hey Mard.
I think you are correct but you May be missing something here.
All the new characters that are being created .
Yesterday there were 3 x horde mage multi box teams in Hillsbrad leveling up.
Many farmers are joining our server increasing the population.
In Winterspring where I farm most days I have seen 2 new Horde Multiboxer Hunter teams and 1 Alliance. That’s 30 additional “Accounts” adding to the population and these are just the ones I have seen myself in 2 zones.

I don’t know what was worse dropping Layering or removing new Character creation and transfers.

I can understand that perspective, but there is also other factors in account too.

• AQ has just been released on our server, people that quit in the past have come back to experience new content

• Additional / New COVID 19 Lockdowns in Auckland New Zealand, as well as many places in Australia

• Server Transfers are now available to our realm

• Character Creation is back without any restrictions of pre-existing characters

Then on top we have the people that panic log in to avoid being stuck in a queue for their raid the following night.

We also then have the people manning their Remote Desktop Stations and sitting in Orgrimmar inactive / AFK.

Personally, I’m totally okay with server transfers to Arugal - if we had our second layer again. Can’t remove our layers and re-open the flood gates to our realm at the same time.

1 Like

Oh, i’m well aware, these just compound the issue even further.

1 Like

We hate layers…We want layers

OMG blizzard whats with the layer you ruining AQ :frowning:

the majority of arugal players never had a prblem with layers they had a problem with ques.

2 Likes

Nobody on Arugal complains about layers…

2 Likes

pretty sure the only people that dont want layers are the Purgers like Foldem

3 Likes

ive never seen anyone on arugal complain about layers.

I have seen many people complain about 3 hour ques though.

4 Likes

Rather than just preventing further transfers… Reverse all existing transfers to Arugal, send them back to where they came from, it makes no sense to allow even more people on an already overcrowded server.

1 Like

Well hello, and goodnight Arugal!!

Arugal is Full
Position in queue: 2974
Estimated Time: 283 minutes

Well thought out and written question… Does blue not consider that this post deserves a response? I think it does…

1 Like

Just been observing the situation on arugal and there is literally no other reason for blizzard to do this. They must be trying to give their quarterly revenue a nice little cherry on top.

As an aussie, this is why I never play on oceanic servers. They always get screwed somehow. If you want first class treatment, just play on NA servers.

Arugal is the only OCE server with AQ open from what I’m aware.

People will PAY MONEY to transfer here, but they won’t PAY MONEY if it’s completely unplayable.

It doesn’t make any sense whatsoever to remove layers, they’re losing money by doing this.

Because I work a 7:30-5:00 job, I can’t play wow with my guild/friends/IRL Friends.

That’s my situation summarised. You can’t convince me of a solution that would work other than reintroducing layers, so don’t bother trying.

12 Likes

Exactly mate. You will get people telling you to “just remote log when the queue starts” then what? fight the afk boss while you are still at work? GG idiots. That’s a sure fire way to get reprimanded for using your phone too much.

3 Likes

I dont understand your repsonse? Cant even log in to farm gold mate.

Remote desktop.