#LayerArugal - Please

That’s a customer made decision. Yojamba could’ve been good had the community wanted it to be good. It was equal to every way Arugal was, bar it’s name.

1 Like

No, your just wrong Oce only had one pvp server when name reservations came out everyone went Arugal. They only brought yojamba out when everyone went to Arugal

1 Like

I don’t believe going back in time is an option or that it would result in anything other than Yojamba now having a queue.

If you were to reread the post recently made by Blizzard, you would see that they made no mention of us having Arugal now unplayable, in fact they mentioned that it was now safe for them to remove layers while allowing new transfers to Arugal.

They were either horribly mistaken or intentionally lied. Neither of which is acceptable.

Putting aside all the arguments that Layering causes, it is 2020 and I’m mind boggled that Blizzard still is unable to run highly populated servers.

The real question here is how long will it take for blizzard to relayer Arugal?

5 Likes

When Yojamba launched, I was about level 8 I believe. So it might have been about 1.5-2 hours into launch. I remember exactly where I was. A few hours later Blizzard launched Felstriker because Yojamba had queues just as large as Arugal.
For the first week or so into Classic, Yojamba did have queues almost as big as Arugal.
A lot of people re-rolled Yojamba (causing the large queues there as well).
A lot of us had to carefully work out whether it was even worth re-rolling to Yojamba, not knowing how either server was going to play out days later, let alone months later.

I noticed guilds and even just levelling groups disbanding and going there own separate ways because queues were too large. Some people left Arugal to go to Yojamba so they could sit in queue for 3 hours and not 4. It was the choice they made.

Either way…

It’s rather sad that in 2020 we’re having server difficulties.

they probably wont ever layer arugal

They did last time we came here to the forums swinging.

Took 3 days for Blizzard to take action, we’re anticipating the same result this time around.

2 Likes

I would bet it won’t take long.

#layerarugal

LOL if you think blizzard wont layer Arugal your wrong, No one is going to yojamba or any other server. The fact that we had ques on gate opening on a layered server just goes to show how many active players we have. Just wait for raid night when ques will be crazy.

1 Like

Arugals not the highest pop? Based on what?

We have limited information, but I would think it is

• everythingnothing q data has peak queues at 3.4k vs 800 (nearest)
  • classicpop has it at the highest in last 7 days logged in
  • even nexushub has it as most active auctions

But yes you’re right, they are the ignorant ones and self-entitled ones.

1 Like

Imagine actually, unironically being an active poster on these forums, complaining about how their forum experience being ruined. Yikes.

#LayerArugal

What did Blizzard expect?

Layering lets people keep the perks of a massive server without the downsides.

Of course there will be complaints when its removed and the server is back to 1 single layer as intended.

The perk of being able to actually play the game?

The perk of having a massive recruitment pool and ability to find groups much easier due to the massive playerbase?

You know, the opposite of “low” population servers that struggle to fill more than 3 raids on the entire server?

Your opinion is invalid because

1 - you are weighing into an argument that has absolutely no effect on you.
2 - if you found yourself in our position you would feel exactly the same as we do.

Oh and please,

#LayerArugal

1 Like

imagine being able to log on and fill a spot in 1 of those 3 raids

I mean that is kind of the point.

The few massive servers (Arugal, Whitemane) never regulated themselves because Blizzard just keeps tossing layers at it.

It’s either permanent layers and state that or let people wait in queues.

Nobody is moving off though because they know Blizz will just re-layer it in a week or so.

People transfer TO full servers not off them when they know layers will just be put back into place.

And WHY do people transfer TO full servers? Because of the massive recruitment pool and ability to join guilds/groups.

and how is that a player issue