Layer switching is the problem, not layering itself

It’s looking that way, hopefully they will prove us wrong though :slight_smile:

Where did I accuse them of lying? I simply quoted what they said followed by thanking them for addressing the issue.

Unfortunately, the blue post is trying to minimize the problem but doesn’t answer the fundamental questions of:

• is exploitation of layering currently possible? (it sounds like yes)
  • have players been exploiting layering? (it sounds like yes, even if it hasn’t resulted in banks full of arcane crstals)
  • will there be any repercussions for those who did exploit layering or do so in the future? (it sounds like no?)
15 Likes

I really don’t see why you targeted Hiredgun with this, he thanked them for responding and said it didn’t matter if the exploit was small or large, still an exploit. Did nothing to claim Blizzard was lying?

I have to agree since it is deemed exploitable then some reactionary measure needs to in place to derter those that exploit not just now but in the future. Why? Becuase those that did this KNEW what they were doing, They deliberately knew that switching layers would bring in a certain element for their own gain.

7 Likes

Thank you for making this post. It was almost comical to see the amount of doom-saying about a screenshot that was clearly a crock of BS

2 Likes

Seems to be the correct interpretation, I’m not too happy with this.

:rofl: I don’t want to explain why this is some spectacularly funny stuff for those folks relying on a hash of the Org /who, but, trust me…

It’s funny.

Are you talking about farming dungeons?

That has absolutely nothing to do with layers.

Back in Vanilla you could enter a dungeon, farm it, leave, reset, and repeat.

Word got out that there was this one pull of little plant creatures just inside one of the Dire Maul portals that was easy to solo farm for exp. Players would zone in (without a group), kill that one pack, zone out, reset the instance and repeat. All this was within the rules and in Vanilla.

However, each time a player did this a new instance ID was created. And that instance stayed on the server even though nobody was in it. This started to bog down the servers.

Blizzard fixed this problem by implementing an instance limit. They made it so you could only enter 5 different instances per hour. If you tried to go above the limit, the game wouldn’t let you zone in.

All of this occurred during Vanilla 14 years ago.

The screenshot was overhyped, but there are still multiple clips of streamers using this to obtain ore spawns and mob spawns that otherwise were inaccessible.

2 Likes

it’s not you buddy. it’s the people that are still drawing up wild conclusions even after an official response.

2 Likes

Y’all, just stop whining about it and making 500 threads about it. There is always gonna be someone who figures out some way to do something shady. There’s no way that ‘everybody is doing it’ and it’s ruining EVERYTHINGQQQ!

I barely understand layering past the basics, and I bet there are more people like me than not. I couldn’t even tell you when or if I have changed layers.

Bliz has more important things to do like fix the drop rate of those damn centaur bracers.

Ohhhh…here’s the nurse with my meds…

I thought that may have been the case.

Cheers for the clarification.

1 Like

Wrong, layering is not “fine”.

When players go into Stormwind or Ironforge, there’s only a dozen people around, the game feels ‘dead’. It’s a huge negative impression on players who want the vibrance and ‘life’ of Vanilla wow.

2 Likes

I can tell you for certain that you have switched layers, and the fact that you don’t understand it beyond the basics means you likely shouldn’t mindlessly defend it.

Thank you…but I bet the complaints won’t stop

2 Likes

And they shouldn’t until the issue is fixed, Blizzard’s response was quite late and very lacking.

fairly certain maura chest farming was the reason for the instance limit. i could be wrong though - it happens.

True, but thousands every week more and it would be. Ultimately reaching a tipping point.

Wrong, but go ahead and keep whining.

1 Like