Layer Hopping now has Internal Cooldown

I am sure people have there limits though. The moment they do layering beyond phase 1… out of here.

Well there are already 3k people on your own layer, how many people do you really need to go to RFD/SM/ST/BRD/Whatever? Jeez.

lol sure,he certainly seemed to imply that.

In any case the small amount of ‘tourists’ from current WoW will be much much lower than from everywhere else, unless Classic is a massive failure.

I was more or less referring to how crazy it sounds if you try to use a meeting stone for the purpose of layer transferring. If you are going to the dungeon itself, you just zone into the instance =P

1 Like

You can thank the outrage of the forum goers that don’t know what they’re asking for. These changes all happened due to the crying and shouting of folks.

What about launch? We don’t want a bad launch! (Sharding)

We don’t want sharding! We hate it! Give us something different! (Layering)

We hate layering! You better not keep it! (They can’t anyway, because of how it would interact with world bosses)

You don’t have to trust that they’ll keep to everything. But you have the noisy playerbase to blame for it. They ask for everything, hate everything Blizz does, and will constantly berate them for every decision.

2 Likes

True, but you would have to assume that retail players are going to be the majority of the tourists. People that are already paying for wow and just get it added free to their sub, of course will pop in since it doesn’t cost them anything extra. On the other hand are people who aren’t currently subbed to wow having to sign up and pay the money just to play classic are probably going to stick around longer.

Actually for this one its more like “We are afraid of dead servers, but don’t want anything to ruin the vanilla experience” (Layering)

Well the meeting stones for the most part are generally outside the instances in a much safer location. And well it would make sense to use those for “in the field” layer hopping. And Inns/Cities for the rest.

That wouldn’t be very inconvenient for most, and has less effect on PvP. You still have 3k people on your own layer to group with, you shouldn’t even need other layers that blasted much.

I mean if you played during TBC you pretty much already did this.

Probably both, tbh.

1 Like

I don’t think it is so much that as that people want the integrity of the game left intact. Blizzard keeps trying to add stuff that most of the original player base don’t want, and that is when people get outraged and complain. They already said they want to replicate Vanilla, and when they aren’t people are calling them on it. Pretty simple. If we let it go, then we won’t get what we we asked for and were promised. This is the outlet we have to them.

3 Likes

I really do have to ask though Ryzix. What levels are you planning on doing PvP anyways? If you are doing it while leveling, you are gonna get that plenty by time you get to Stranglethorn even if people are layer hopping. If you are planning to do it when you are level capped. Gonna be plenty of that too since the layers will likely reduce by this time and they will likely increase the player cap per layer. Eventually there will be only one layer. Hearing in the zone chat of some big battle going on? Ask for an invite and layer hop to it.

I just want to get an idea of what your specific concern is with layer hopping.

The problem is you quickly end up with one big crowded layer where everyone is because it’s just easier to find fights, find groups, ect.

Which begs the question… how much of this overcrowding issue is it even going to fix?

1 Like

Just look at these forums. People are asking for things that make no sense. Class balance. Class changes. Server-side tech. I’m almost certain that anything added was because people were shouting for it - then realized they didn’t want it.

Those “suggestions” aren’t the “outrage”, that the major changes are causing and which you originally referred. The outrage is from MAJOR changes blizzard is making.

I couldn’t honestly tell you with the overcrowding part of the issue. They made it pretty clear that the servers are capable of handling far more people than usual and that it has more to do with people and actions occurring within a given vicinity. Just look at the lag you would see from major events that happened in the stress test. Having to wait 5+ minutes for things to occur. Most of layering is really just gonna be done during the major leveling process as is.

So why were those changes made… if not for the population demanding things? If they were going authentic, then why do we have non-authentic things? They just decided to go back on the original claim of authenticity for… no reason?

Outrage culture :crazy_face:

But seriously, the changes Blizz has made based on Sharding and Layering has been because of the feedback players have given. At the same time they are not doing things like adding flying, lfg, and so on. Any changes they are making are generally fitting specific criteria for what they consider acceptable and will hopefully make those playing more comfortable.

2 Likes

Nah, I have more faith in Classic to draw in tourists who are new as well.

What makes that any different than someone who starts a sub later, they both are ‘getting it for free’, and no, the ones who hate it are not going to waste their time.

and those are the only groups that will try Classic? and there is no guarantee that any group will stick around longer.

Possible players from non subscribers dwarf any number of current subs that will play , so if a large segment of Classic population ends up being from current, that would be a massive failure.

Then there is always how do you define a ‘tourist’? Just someone who tries it and quits? or someone who plays a few hours a week but also plays the other versions a few hours as well? How many hours does someone have to play to be considered a non tourist?

Probably so they can do it as cheaply as possible, until the community pretty much forces them to do it the right way. Also because the demographic they are using for feedback is the retail kiddies that put retail in the state that it is in. But I’m not a mind reader so I couldn’t tell you definitively, just speculatively obviously.

Retail kiddies ask for Flying… I don’t see flying in Beta so far… the hell Blizz!?