Layer Hopping now has Internal Cooldown

Ran from the other thread into mine? =P

if people have to go to a non contested city before they can layer hop, do you think that would resolve most issues with it?

1 Like

Honestly, that seems like a pretty good idea (especially on a PVP server), like require them to go to an Inn or something along those lines. I don’t see how it would break the integrity of the game atm. It could be abused with warlock summoning in a few instances, but much less game breaking.

Aside the fact that it won’t let you layer hop to help somebody with a quest more quickly. I won’t deny that there is no perfect solution to this. But layering is gonna affect the leveling process more than the end game.

I hope you can get this idea through to blizz before they destroy our game again.

it’ll make resource farming a bit more realistic. wont let you camp a specific high value ore node/herb on multiple layers or rare mob, in tandem. and it’ll remove most of the issues related to pvp and pve cheating by layer hopping.

I should have thought of that, 200 IQ dude!

not me. some undead guy suggested it like 2 weeks ago. lol forget his name.

1 Like

Well, he should make a solution to sharding abuse post so we can bump it and blizz see’s it!

1 Like

i’m sure he wont mind if you suggest it on a thread you create. the last two threads i made were removed like 2 minutes later. lol granted one was about a streamer (but it was positive) and i forget what the other was about but probably some topic that the mod thought was not helpful.

Good morning :slight_smile:

/waves

have some coffee!

Sounds like a wonderful idea.
Except I think I’m going to pour a real cup.

(Got 100% sidetracked binge watching “EPIC NPC MAN” on Youtube thanks to another thread on here. My rear?(stupid filter) hasn’t been quite this laughed off in ages.)

this?

1 Like

Yep been running down the play list.
It’s so damn true it hurts.
Mah sides.

Now if only they’d do one on layering.
cough

oh gosh that is hilarious. skip skip skip skip.
good morning. nice day for fishin’ ain’t it? eh heh!

I can see how this at first glance might seem appealing as a “fix” to their layering “fix”.

But think about all the situations that are gonna occur in game, where people will want to genuinely group up while they are leveling (on their very slow low level legs running around in a big world). I don’t have time right now to go into details but just imagine you playing the game like you normally would, and find yourself in situations where you’d like to group up, but you have to run back to a zone like that first.

It’s even more immersion breaking, because you get reminded right then and there that this is a game, a fassade, not a world your character lives in. Because in order to move about you have to make use of some abstract tech that can only be used in certain areas, and isn’t integrated into the rest of the game at all (cause it’s temporary, and out of place already).

It’s even gonna lead to people NOT wanting to group up even if they normally would want to, because of this big restriction put on layer hopping, and the extra real effort required on their part to be able to group with someone on a different layer.
You could even have funny, or sad, moments where you wanna group with someone on a different layer, and you ask eachother “so…are you near a non contested city…?” “uhm no, can you run? LOL” (both really don’t wanna run ofc, especially on low levels!). And by the time they finally can group up, any special event that would have needed a group then and there might long be over already. It’s very, very inflexible.

It’s a slippery slope to fix the fix, and so tempting. But doing that will lead to more problems that again need fixing. We’ve been here before unfortunately, not just once :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

well one consolation is, you can make the city inn your home and then just hearth to it to layer hop, as long as your hearth stone isn’t on cd…which it will be most of the time lol

I think my biggest issue, is that people are very quickly going to start asking for invites to “the real server” then use automation to just never afk out of the game. So you end up with one overly large layer where all the guilds make their guild, then basically a bunch of empty layers.

The only real way around this is by limiting people from joining overcrowded layers, then you might as well go back to server queuing and 2-3 servers instead of one.

Again more of a PvP server woe, but still I just see too many issues with it.

2 Likes

off topic but this one is great! lol