Lay The High Elf Movement To Rest

The High elf movement was DOA

5 Likes

this is only going to cause them to double down. which i welcome

3 Likes

Quel’dorei officially left the alliance before they joined the horde. So no, talking about Quel’dorei.

The alliance kicked them out of their homeland and also executed them.

2 Likes

Actually you are right-- there are more high elves than void elves. Because blood elves are high elves.

4 Likes

Citation is the Silver Covenant appearing in multiple expansions with sizable military forces, Quel’danil Lodge, and presence in a variety of Alliance cities/outposts. Ren’dorei are a small group of exiles from Silvermoon. They were described at Blizzcon as “Alleria’s crack squad”.

5 Likes

alleria, vareesa and even our pretty valeera sanguinaar disagree

2 Likes

Here’s the math:

High Elf Population, Pre-Scourge: 100%
High Elf Population, Post-Scourge: 10%

90% of that remaining population called themseleves Blood Elves (9% of the original).
10% of that remaining population remained High Elves (1% of the original).

High Elves are 1/9th of the Blood Elf population. That’s substantiated in the lore with the numbers I provided.

In order for theire to be MORE Void Elves than Blood Elves, Magister Umbric’s followers have to be larger than that 1/9th group size.

Is it reasonable to believe that 1/9th of the remaining Blood Elves succeeded from Silvermoon City without intervention or that Magister Umbric was popular enough to amass that many followers?

I say it isn’t.

There are more High Elves than Blood Elves.

5 Likes

Good thing 2 characters don’t represent an entire race, otherwise blood elves would be an alliance race.

1 Like

I hope that while the silver covenant continues to exist in the game, and still hangs out with the alliance, they also add some npcs to silvermoon to represent high elves who have returned home. Just to blur the lines entirely and essentially say that elves just exist. Some just call themselves different things and have different allegiances depending on circumstances.

Although this would require them to do any kind of update to silvermoon, so it probably won’t happen.

Quel’dorei are still a part of the Alliance.

3 Likes

i actually think that the eyes on blood elves are other races eyes

datamining is a cluttered thing after all

2 Likes

My thing is… There was really nothing preventing any roleplayer from just canon-ing their character being a high elf. Just type in the TRP ‘character model has green eyes but imagine blue instead’.

And… this is still a customization option. Who knows, the whole High Elves joining the Horde thing may never actually be addressed- it’s just an extra option because extra options are always nice.

Hahahha what?

1 Like

They are not a part of one faction. Blood Elves are still High Elves. They just consume different magic. The term “Blood Elf” is just a symbolic rename by Kael’thas in honor and remembrance of the High Elves that got slash-n-dashed by ‘ol boy. There is zero racial difference between the two. The divide between Blood and High Elf is purely a matter of personal choice of identity. Magic consumption and a new name does not create a new species.

2 Likes

i think they are actually trolling

they trolled the high elf megathread a while back

2 Likes

For the record, people do do this.
I got no qualms with people doing it, seeing as I rp my Drae as a male when I use a female model.

And that’s all we really need, tbh.

Points at the monsters that are Nightborne Then what do you call those things?

It’ll happen the day that horde stop asking for ogres.

1 Like

A disaster and also an example of how to do species differences right due to conditions that lead to their current state.

How is it, that so many think they were requesting blue eyed blood elves?

They want to play the high elves that remained with the alliance… Why is that so hard to get?

2 Likes