Lawsuit Timeline Summary + Lore articles

I think most of the bigoted people I’ve seen on the forums were Alliance.

3 Likes

I’ve seem some gross Horde posters, like Vuldezi.

Thst classic troll pancake guy who would troll night elf threads.

5 Likes

See also: Much of Varian’s marketing was lifted straight out of the Horde.

5 Likes

Both This character is a High Elf with Void features

2 Likes

Yes. Our burden is heavy. But we carry it well.

3 Likes

I don’t like the new forum update. Did anyone notice?

Those kinds of jokes were specifically mentioned in Ion’s interview.

2 Likes

I to this day remain salty they buffed up Sin’dorei back in the day because they were “too effeminate” and it hurt macho guys in the feels.

5 Likes

All I’ve noticed is that there’s now a “last seen” line in threads, which I like. Though maybe perhaps that’s always been there, and I’ve only now noticed because I’ve started looking at threads on my computer more often.

1 Like

Check your character’s profile. It looks different.

I don’t see anything different.

Apparently execs tried to cancel Latin American Heritage Month plans at Blizzard cuz celebrations are bad optics lmao

Another dev (Native woman) admitted she’s been doing unpaid/uncompensated DEI work (such as organizing panels and inviting community leaders)

So my earlier suspicions were confirmed

BIPOC are always expected to happily do extra work for free to “fix” the diversity problems while being given no power or compensation

12 Likes

I mean… If you go look it up with the exception of a single token BIPOC member (Reveta Bowers) the ActivisionBlizzard board of directors is mostly old white rich dudes. So, to find out that’s their take on whats normal and proper isn’t surprising to me. Corporate culture is a top down affair, after all.

8 Likes

So,according to blizzard, if it’s not straight, white and male it doesn’t count? Because Bad Optics comes off as incredibly racist…which tracks with everything people have been saying about them

12 Likes

Yup, according to Blizzard:

• Being happy about stuff post-lawsuit is fine

• Being happy about ethnic stuff post-lawsuit is not fine

6 Likes

That’s just….I’m at a loss for words.

2 Likes

Teldrassil was undergeared.

I kind of like how it tells me the last post I viewed. But the lines everywhere are kind of annoying.

Here’s something.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.eurogamer.net/amp/2021-11-17-activision-blizzard-shareholders-call-for-ceo-bobby-koticks-resignation

1 Like

From the WaPo :

“In contrast to past company statements, CEO Bobby Kotick was aware of many incidents of sexual harassment, sexual assault and gender discrimination at Activision Blizzard, but failed either to ensure that the executives and managers responsible were terminated or to recognize and address the systematic nature of the company’s hostile workplace culture,” the shareholders, led by the Strategic Organizing Center (SOC) Investment Group.

Well, true enough. I wonder what will come of it. It seems like they are a small minority of the shareholders :

The Washington, D.C.-based SOC Investment Group communicates with companies on behalf of union pension funds; in this case, those funds own about 3.8 million shares in Activision Blizzard, a small fraction of the firm’s total shares, roughly 779 million. These shareholders are dwarfed by the company’s top investors. Investment management company Vanguard holds over 64 million shares and BlackRock holds 58 million.

5 Likes

Investors have been dumping stock. Insider trading?

https://twitter.com/DrM2theJ/status/1460988416531656705?s=20

9 Likes