Laughably bad 68 item level honor gear

my main character has a mix of 90s, 120 item level gear and that’s trash at this current point in time and the honor gear now available from a vendor is 68. That’s a joke.

I am still avoiding any max level pvp until shadowlands is actually released.

12 Likes

What’s interesting is that random bg’s award 83 ilvl items with the same name. So blizzards intentionally dropped the ilvl of the vendor gear for reasons.

3 Likes

Boosted characters start with ilvl 68 gear. That’s pretty bad a vendor gives the same gear. Idk why they feel like making alts so incredibly bad in this prepatch.

2 Likes

The honor gear was 100 on the pre-patch beta, then nerfed to 83 and finally released at 68.

Yep, it’s a joke. SL is going to be rough for people who love BGs.

9 Likes

Yeah fr

3 Likes

Yeah it sucks. I could actually really be enjoying myself during this time if they released adequate catch up gear (115 minimum should be 125). I respect other people’s preferences, but personally I can’t play just 1 character for 2+ years in this 20 year old game. I need variety in the form of different classes to play in PvP. I am so sick of playing this Paladin but every time I try to play an alt and get dumpstered in a cheap shot I just log back over to it, get bored after 1 bg, then log out.

This is a thread I made about it the other day in GD. Of course the GD posters wore me out with their incessant contrarianism and it died.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/make-pre-patch-as-enjoyable-as-possible/693601?u=exalter-malganis

5 Likes

You can try to stick with it and keep pushing. You’ll have to accept that you’ll be dumpstered by double dps with drest/claw/essences; and if your account doesn’t have any essences it may not be worth.

There are a lot of double dps that are making it past 1800 mmr by just charging healers, popping every single cd in the first second and pveing them down.

But, I got this guy to a decent ilvl from pvp and 1 m+11; if you can deal with salt inducing games and struggle for the wins, you can do it too.

WoD was so good for this, the entire expansion, not just the pre-patch. Levelling was really great, and the PVP gearing (even for alts) was second to none. I had so much fun on a lot of different characters during WoD.

5 Likes

The current honor vendor won’t be anything like the one in Shadowlands. In shadowlands, you’ll be able to upgrade honor gear to a much higher iLVL.

But yes, honor gear will still not be as powerful as mythic gear. Surely, that’s an agreeable spot to be at however.

Maybe you haven’t been reading any of the thousands of posts on this, but SL is not in an acceptable for for PVP gear, particularly the gear earned from BGs.

No one wants to be geared up for mythic raids via BGs. If raids mattered to them, people would do PVE.

What is the not “acceptable” about it? I’ve had beta for months now, so I’m extremely familiar with how PVP gear is obtained in the Shadowlands.

Thousands of posts explaining why, over and over and over. Go read them.

Oh, except yours, which say that BfA was the best PVP gearing the game has ever had, and Blizzard has really listened to the the PVP community and given exactly what we all wanted, and that SL will be the best PVP gear system the world has ever seen.

3 Likes

Enlighten us how great PVP gearing is via BG’s in SL. Tell those of us who want to queue up for BGs will be rewarded for our time compared to someone who does no PVP.

I will give you a point of reference (you know, from a good PVP gear system):

https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/310640-warlords-of-draenor-equipping-for-battle/

Can you link or summarize some? You made a claim, I’m just asking for proof and specificities.

Read my post history. I don’t hide behind a Classic troll alt with a hidden profile, so you can.

1 Like

Pretty sure Bloomsday is paying 15 dollars a month to sh!tpost on the arena forums, I don’t think he posts anywhere else. Friendly reminder as well you can click your character portrait in the top right, your name and then under “users” you can manually put in who you want to ignore.

PVP gearing on beta is still not finalized according to a lot of people ive watched stream and comment, so we’re still kinda hoping it will get better. Gearing in BFA PVP is a complete joke though for sure, this is some super second-class citizen tier stuff compared to gearing through PVE.

3 Likes

Seems like the majority of complaints about PVP gearing in Shadowlands comes from a place of misunderstanding rather than specific grievances with the system. I do contend that the system might be complicated for some people, but I am confident this is only because the system isn’t in the players’ hands yet. Once people actually get to play around with it and figure it out, most of the complaints, retrospectively, will seem very ill-founded.

Yes! Thanks so much.

Is it too complicated/nuanced for you to explain then?

Actually, now that you are on ignore, I don’t really care, but other people might like to see how smart you are…

ive been there