Latino Lives Matter Too!

I can’t help but feel neglected from representation when Activision-Blizzard supports a civil rights movement for only 1 group, when these hate and racial issues affect many other targeted groups such as Latinos, Muslims/Middle Easterners, Chinese (Chinese Exclusion Act), Native Americans with every broken treaty and continued hostility towards them, and also Japanese Americans when they were put in camps.

There has been a long history of racial divide and aggression towards a variety of ethnic backgrounds, yet I only seem to read about support for specific groups.

Why is that?

I’m tired of being marginalized when us Latinos are very much a part of the struggle. If corporations plan to support a CIVIL RIGHTS issue that affect us all, then please make sure to publicly show your support for ALL targeted groups.

I’ve noticed that in WoW as well. We have no Latino culture representation. We make up a huge percentage of the population and should not be dismissed in WoW lore.

EDIT: I’m not surprised that this thread is being flagged to the ground, yet another similar thread was praised. The irony

43 Likes

Oh good, another oppressed minority thread. Wooo.

116 Likes

As a bonus, it’s also a Skinwalker thread!

14 Likes

It’s a catch 22 for them. They can either support BLM. Or they can say all lives matter and get called racist. I think they’re just supporting the current movement. Blizzard should’ve probably just kept their mouth shut since they’ve clearly proven that they don’t actually care.

57 Likes

Ok but seriously, #GnomeLivesMatterToo.

10 Likes

It’s horrible that this is how it goes. One believes we are all equal and should be treated as such instead of just one single race and then you turn out to be the racist, gg.

30 Likes

You’ll really love beating a dead horse huh

3 Likes

I agree, Nerf DHs!

12 Likes

I don’t understand. What, exactly are you saying is dead? Latino marginalization?

2 Likes

I’m gonno go start making the popcorn instead

5 Likes

Imagine being a full grown adult and still being this willfully ignorant.

Still the most relevant quote of our time,

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”

• Issac Asimov
24 Likes

What?

So, if I publicly voice my support for one charity/organization that I feel is a good cause, I’m marginalizing people if I don’t support literally every other good cause known to man?

Also, I say this as a latino myself; this isn’t the right time, man. We don’t need to co-opt someone else’s very specific movement.

21 Likes

Just because the horse is dead doesn’t excuse it from its whoopin. Like seriously its great! You beat part of it to a pulp and you still have other parts of the horse to beat! :probing_cane: :horse:

/s

3 Likes

RIP Old Blanchy

3 Likes

arent latinos, native americans?

1 Like

I stopped trying to educate people when they started using “educated” as an insult every day.

3 Likes

All Lives Matter exists purely as an attempt to subvert BLM’s message.

On a surface level, the statement is good, even commendable. But if you think about it for 5 seconds, it falls apart.

After all, how can all lives matter if black lives currently don’t matter?

25 Likes

Stop. The divide and conquer angle has been played out.

To my knowledge they are the result of Spanish Colonialism in South and Central America. Evidently the Spanish intermingled w/ the native tribes when they arrived all those years ago.

3 Likes

but they do matter. the people of the usa have been actively involved in trying to help since the civil war. we’ve had thousands of charities, servicing not only american blacks but haitians, jamaicans, africans, and so forth. we’ve built entire housing sprawls, free of charge. implemented more and more safety nets. provided for them for college funds, every conceivable job program, bought their music, movies, books, sports memorabilia. we’ve turned them into rock stars, rapper stars, hip hop and rhythm and blues stars, jazz stars, movie stars. formed fanclubs for their endeavors on the silver screen. elected them to various public offices. married them, had their children, defended them, allied with them, worked alongside them, and etc.

we can’t, however, force them to vote differently or to not choose places to live that are dangerous.

16 Likes

What I’m saying is that there are more than one group that currently “don’t matter” in the justice system and racial aggression.

1 Like