Latest DDOS Attack Sheds Light on a Bigger Problem

How I would handle things from the perspective of a company running a service?

I’d have community managers put a sticky on every forum updating the community.

Basically showing a presence.

Of course, I’m looking at this through the lens of a former customer relations background.

We valued our clients and made sure our customers knew that we did.

10 Likes

So you would rather them waste their time answering a gajillion threads because you ppl never look through the posts to see if someone else has posted the same topic as you are considering posting -

rather than them working on the problem?

They addressed the problem in another thread, and said they were working on the issue.

2 Likes

There is other posts showing they did post on the forums about the attack and working on the problem.
shrugs
Is what it is.

2 Likes

Certainly.

They put that on a different forum. Good on them. They made minimal effort.

They get a cookie now.

2 Likes

I just tried to log in and the only servers that showed up are the ARENA servers an im not even part of that lol

There ya go :woman_shrugging: wasn’t that hard to find.

Do you believe that the community managers have ANYTHING to do with running the servers?

I mean, seriously.

2 Likes

They already told us they are aware and working on it. What th ehell else do you want from them?

Personally, I’d rather they shut their mouths and work the problem instead of babysitting us with reassurances.

2 Likes

I agree with this sentiment there seems to be no PR department at Blizzard. If they just had some one whos sole job was to say “hey we know the severs are down and we will give you an update when it is fixed”, it would at least give me some piece of mind that they know there is a problem and are doing something about it.

4 Likes

They did!!

Holy cow people, do you want to be handheld like a forking child?

3 Likes

You are so brave thanks for sharing your strength with us all.

1 Like

Hope its up soon

Those are Tournament Realms

The fastest way to get fired as a Blizzard CM is to post on the forums.

5 Likes

They are retail players so yes.

Someone start a patreon to fund anti-ddos’er hit squads. problem solved

5 Likes

Blizz to its IT: “Are you free to come in today, a Saturday, to address a DDOS attack?”

2 Likes

I agree. Even if we all assume it’s a DDOS attack, just tell us here. Maybe even a little background info like the DDOS attack is originating in X country? Something would be nice to just acknowledge that we exist.

1 Like

Thx for that, I’m dying of laughter. <3 Smurffgoat perfect description.

Show presence maybe Blizzard? saying something we working on it and servers will come online in 15 mins?