Last minute Mage Tower removal is in bad taste

Ok, cool. Thank you for clarifying for me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Like Arcane Mages ?

I got my two MT appearances in Legion back when it was current on the very last day. I got what I paid for. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

A different challenge with a different reward. It really doesn’t matter what happened in Legion at this point, it’s not the same challenge.

4 Likes

They didn’t have time to balance Mage Tower against the new talent trees.

Same challenge. Nothing in those MT challenges changed.

3 Likes

this thread makes me crave a Wendy’s baconator.

5 Likes

As you pointed out, the Legion mage tower did not scale your gear so you could over gear it. That is no longer possible which, in many cases, makes the mage tower much more challenging.

That is a pretty significant change.

An excuse that would make sense if the Mage Tower were balanced against the current trees to begin with.

4 Likes

Ya need to relax? It will be back.

Like the missing Heritage armors ?

4 Likes

Myself and my group reported so many bugs within mage tower… it would have been impossible to complete during prepatch regardless.

Im glad they pulled it to get things working properly, and maybe it won’t be so punishing on the relaunch

2 Likes

Your mog always reminds me of spaceghost

1 Like

MT might be my fault. I was ranting in WRA trade chat about how the new talent trees were going to trivialize MT about a day before they announced it was being disabled.

Well, I do not know what you refer to there, but maybe put a trouble ticket in or post in the bug/problem forum?

As for the mage tower, this dev crew will get it running. I’m sure of it.

Mage Tower was an absolute nightmare for Holy Priest. It’s easily on Dark Souls level of difficulty.

Post-patch update? It would have been a cake walk.

I wonder why they didnt follow the same with Thorgast. New talent system could make it easier or even cheese it specially gauntlet.

How much faster than 36 seconds can Arcane Mages finish it in ?

“Hey Blizzard, there’s a bug, you promised us every race would get an Heritage armor and they haven’t”.

See, no peep since SL launched. “We’ll finish this sometime” at Blizzard means you’re most likely never seeing it ever again.

So it would finally have been on par with Mage Tower for Arms Warriors.

1 Like

is DS a tough game? I’ve never played. Would you recommend it?

I surmise they discovered some issues that need fixing on short notice. At least they didn’t wait until AFTER it went live to address things.

Folks will survive until it comes back.

1 Like