Last minute Mage Tower removal is in bad taste

I have never heard anyone legitimately use the word “scratch” for money. I thought that was just a Hollywood movie thing.

3 Likes

The people complaining “last minute” probably never really planned on doing it anyway.

But like I keep saying, the big issue is when it’ll be back, not last minute closure.

They’ve claimed other stuff was “temporary” and “returning in a future patch” and never did. THAT is what people should be focusing on.

If its not back in 2 months then people can complain. Its not even gone yet and were screaming doom. It was brought back already once, blizzard isnt gonna just let it die considering how popular it is.

That is last minute when discussing a patch that’s literally releasing the next tuesday. The only thing worse would be announcing it on patch day.

2 Likes

I think that’s why they say they’re outraged, but if we’re being honest they are prolly just salty they couldn’t log on with the new talent trees and cheese the MT like they wanted to do.

1 Like

I choose to concern myself now.

No one is screaming “doom.” It’s simply fact.

This was two years ago:

Pretty sure we have cause for concern, considering this isn’t the first time they’ve done something like this.

So you’re agreeing with me but arguing with me. Sure thing. :upside_down_face:

… okay, that’s a fair point and one I hadn’t thought of. lol

1 Like

Uhmmm… you said last minute would be the day before or day of patch you troll.

Gosh, you really have a hard time comprehending your own posts.

The current MT was probably designed with an assumption of static base spec abilities.

That foundation got radically changed with skill trees.

Which could be troubling in a couple of ways. First, They didn’t seem to have a very clear idea of how impactful this change would be. I think a similar thing happened with the level squish. And second, how late in the game the decision to go with skill trees appears to have been.

Yep. And you said:

You specifically said in response to my comment that today or tomorrow would be last minute:

And then reaffirmed what I said by claiming:

Seems to me…

In all honesty I’d consider it last minute, especially with how few people use the forums, that news will take a bit of time to disseminate through the community. I really would have preferred a two week notice so any runs I wanted to do I could have planned for. A two week notice would have been ideal in this instance. But all that being said, I’m not surprised that this is how Blizzard chose to communicate this with it being so short term notice. I’m going to have a few goes at the feral challenge tonight and see if I can knock it out. Bear challenge will have to wait until post 10.0 for whenever they reenable it.

1 Like

That’s not true, I used my DF boost on a priest this weekend to get my last mog set.

I hadn’t even seen the announcment until today. Now I’m kinda bummed, I was hoping to get another reset of gear on him, and maybe see if any of the new talents could help. Did a few pulls on Disc with full 226 anima gear but felt I could use some of that gear advantage.

Just because I was putting off leveling a priest before now doesn’t mean I wasn’t planning to do it.

3 Likes

I do wish they had announced this more clearly stated a month or two ago. I still have three challenges for the spelltome, and would have liked to knock out Xylem and Twins at least.

BUT…as far as we know, it’s coming back. And then we’ll have to re-learn the encounters. If I was a betting man, I’d gather they’ll make it so you can only have 40ish points total or something along those lines (or maybe with specific nodes disabled; arms with Spear of Bastion for example would trivialize P2 of that encounter) and that way the MT can remain somewhat evergreen beyond DF.

In any case, yeah, more notice would have been nice. But I wouldn’t waste time getting upset just yet. If it’s not back by or before 10.1, THEN I’d be ticked off for sure.

1 Like

September 2020.

Future patch status as of now : TBD.

Blizzard in a nutshell.

1 Like

Regrettable, for sure. Wish they’d get on that.

Are you comparing some less than great armor and weapon appearances (I would know, I did all that crap back during WoD) to an entire piece of Content that was brought back due to popular outcry?

I think Blizz will be way more prompt to reopen the MT compared to the WoD crafted stuff.

The type of content is irrelevant. The fact of the matter is that they have claimed many times, “temproarily,” “in a future patch,” “we hear you,” “soon” and then years pass with no word.

2 Likes

Dunno man, my Fated Devouring Cold, a weapon that worked fine in S2, is still bugged, 3 months later.

Dunno where that Draenei Heritage armor went too. Probably lost in the Soon and Future patches.

3 Likes

Nelves, Forsaken, etc also need heritage.

1 Like

Take the V and forget about the rest. You will be better for it. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yeah, it’s tough when they disable content but it really should be closed at the start of a new expansion, reopened after season one or something. Yeah, it should also be communicated as early as possible to the players.

I feel for ya, just feel bad for me after they shut the gold rewards from mission tables off. :frowning:

Do you mean me, as the OP is “probably outraged” that I couldn’t cheese the challenge I completed yesterday, as per my OP?

No, he means how we should preserve the sanctity of the 36 second Arcane Mage MT challenge. Because we wouldn’t want to burst it any faster, the entire game might explode.

2 Likes