Last Minute Arcane Mage and DK Nerfs with Patch 11.0.5

I’m convinced they’ve outsourced their balancing. I truly am.

1 Like

They must have really been focused on Shifting Power’s icon updated.

5 Likes

Which, not-ironically was the first thing I noticed when I logged on and was literally like “oh well, that’s kind of cool actually.”

1 Like

Same, i have no idea what to drop for aethervision. I’m thinking dematerialize, since the nerfs.
POM with aethervision and the leydrinker lane seem ok, giving them a test now.

1 Like

Also, just hit the dummies for a minute and all the drama aside, SpellSlinger was smoking hot! I do have a big smile on these changes, will need to figure out how to optimize it.

Our one new talent is very redundant to the 4-piece tier affect, but whatever. I get lots more clearcasting, and lots more full power barrages, so I hope to be slapping down content this week.

“May all your mages be Spell Slingers”

It’s kind hard not to think this was a knee jerk reaction to that article Wowhead posted yesterday with the infographic literally showing Sunfury at the top by 11%. And then lo and behold we get a 10% nerf out of the blue. Coincidentally that article has since been taken down.

You might be on to something with the “outsourcing” except it’s worse than that because they just wait for the community theorycrafters to figure out what’s good and then nerf it, hard. :joy:

1 Like

its terrible - i have a huge drop

how are paladins and windwalkers not touched - those classes are blowing up mythic plus - this is incredibly bad

2 Likes

PSA keep an eye out for Burst of Knowledge - Item - World of Warcraft

The ingame tooltip shows it at 801 per stack upto 20 - 16020 int and that is 3/6 hero

Last time we had something like this Moonlit Prism - Item - World of Warcraft every missile counted as a spell, so its stacked pretty quickly.
I don’t know if this one will, but i suspect it will.

1 Like

Holy dang! If missile counts you could just sink with the missile barrage and max it in like 2 seconds, then start spell slinging like a maniac. Where do we get this?

Its in the new time walking raid from Ambassador Flamelash. The raid also has a bullion type system, so everyone should get it.

For some reason on the relic key vendor it doesn’t show as a mage item, you can find it under “all”

2 Likes

Aww, I had Burst of Knowledge back in Vanilla. It was the first max level trinket I got as a drop. I remember using it all the way until I got the Talisman of Ephemeral Power from MC. Would be nice if it made a comeback but I don’t see it being better than the Spymaster’s Web and it’s gonna be kinda awkward to run two on-use trinkets.

2 Likes

Some us have not seen spymaster at all yet, so no worries there.

on dummys, i went from 1.6M on single target to 900k, and on aoe from 3.2M to 1.8M

edit: did an stonevault +10, i usually do 1.9M overall, did 1.1M