Last Minute Arcane Mage and DK Nerfs with Patch 11.0.5

• Arcane
    • Sunfury: Spellfire Sphere spell damage bonus for Arcane Mages reduced to 1% (was 2%).

• Sunfury: Lingering Embers spell damage bonus for Arcane Mages reduced to 1% (was 2%).

• Sunfury: Glorious Incandescence Arcane Barrage damage bonus reduced to 20% (was 30%).

• Sunfury: Mana Cascade now grants 0.5% Haste for Arcane Mages (was 1%).

• Spellslinger - Splintering Orbs Splinter generation cap per orb reduced to 4 for Arcane Mages (was 6).

• Arcane Blast damage reduced by 10%.

• Arcane Barrage damage reduced by 10%.
      Link : Tuning hotfixes coming today - October 22 - Community / General Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums

3 Likes

I was just coming to post this. They finally figured out the real source of Arcane Sunfury power, the extra 5% damage multiplier from the Spellfire Spheres. I can’t believe it took them that long, lol. Except now we’re gonna be trash because they also left in place the dozens of nerfs we’ve gotten up to this point (I’ve legit lost count of how many times ABarr’s base damage was nerfed and they’re hitting it with another 10%) and it’s unlikely that they will revert them. Those of us who’ve played Arcane forever are used to this but the FOTM folks who all rolled Arcane at the start of TWW are gonna riot. Very heavy handed nerf!

4 Likes

Well deserved but should still be okay.

2 Likes

And justly done :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

everyone saw it coming. I just hope spellslinger doesnt take as much of a hit from this, we’re already struggling and our spec might as well not exist for how much it gets ignored.

2 Likes

The Spellfire Sphere nerf certainly is and it should never have been 5% higher in the first place but everything they did up to this point on top of this nerf will tip the scales far too much. We’re gonna see a massive pendulum swing.

And then there are the Spellslinger nerfs which were totally unwarranted. For some reason SS just continues to catch strays because Sunfury excels but the devs can’t seem to distinguish between hero talents and bring down the nerf bat on the whole spec indiscriminately.

2 Likes

This coming from a Monk is hilarious. :laughing:

2 Likes

I usually give Blizz the benefit of the doubt on tuning, but this one has really kind of hit me side-ways I guess. Like this was all on PTR for 2-3 months or whatever. Then before it even goes live they come swinging nerfs. Just comes across as so, so incompetent on the development team. Like, this is WHY you have PTR, this is WHY you have internal testing, etc. etc. Use the tools you have, not the mob (reddit, or discord, or whatever) to drive the balance of the game.

I just want my SS spec to play and be competitive. the additional orb splinters I thought would help a ton. I was looking forward to some power on the SS side. And maybe with the other changes, it’s still there, but this one change I felt was in line with helping SS get the splinters it’s been lacking.

Honestly, can care less about Sunfury…but I know a lot of you play it, so sorry there.

2 Likes

I came to see how mages think about the nerfs. Good to know that mages are in my ignore list for keys now.

1 Like

Exactly my thoughts, I just want my SS to play!

It’d have been OK if they nerfed only the hero tree but touching both Arcane Blast and Barrage lmao

4 Likes

And this latest wave of baseline damage nerfs is, what, the fourth, fifth time ABarr has been nerfed? Idk what the goal is here, to make it hit like a wet noodle? At this rate we’re gonna start veering into Destro Lock territory when casting Chaos Bolt was a DPS loss, that’s what they’re trying to do to ABarr apparently, lol.

1 Like

I mean ww is behind arcane by a large amount in almost all content. would you like to try again?

That makes two of us!

1 Like

unless I am looking at logs on warcraft logs at 90% and higher arcane mage is dumpstering ww across the board. so could you show me on warcraft logs where ww is top kek over arcane?

Why do they keep nerfing Spellslinger when even with the PTR buffs it was still ~10% behind Sunfury?

4 Likes

The new talents buffed us by about as much as this nerfs us. I’m fine dealing the same damage as before.

1 Like

Ss is about even with sf now. Everything is fine considering sf is back to where it was prior to this patch.

1 Like

Just me venting, but what was the point of PTR if you’re gonna balance everything with hot fixes??? Just drop PTR balancing. I feel bad for anyone “helping” them with PTR feedback.

The nerf to Arcane Blast and Barrage feel awful. Boo you, Blizzard.

Edit: Misspelled word.

2 Likes